Post a reply

Re: 2021 Snooker Island Shootout

Postby chengdufan

So the top half of the draw is complete:

R1
Running Side v Pink Ball
Deewee v
Juddernaut 88 v
Badsnookerplayer v

QF
Running Side/Pink Ball v Deewee
Juddernaut88 v Badsnookerplayer

Re: 2021 Snooker Island Shootout

Postby chengdufan

Full draw:

Round 1

Running Side v Pink Ball
Deewee bye
Juddernaut 88 bye
Badsnookerplayer bye
Johnny Bravo v Prop
Rekoons bye
AcesInc bye
Chengdufan bye

Re: 2021 Snooker Island Shootout

Postby chengdufan

Quarter Finals
Running Side/Pink Ball v Deewee
Juddernaut88 v Badsnookerplayer
Johnny Bravo/Prop v Rekoons
AcesInc v Chengdufan

Re: 2021 Snooker Island Shootout

Postby chengdufan

The result of the first match is already in, Johnny Bravo v Prop. Let me dig out my messages.

Re: 2021 Snooker Island Shootout

Postby chengdufan

Johnny Bravo wrote:My break is 28 :-(


Prop wrote:... these are my high breaks from each frame I played today in chronological order:

8
16
21
30
17

I’ve got a feeling I might be out first round with that 8 <laugh>


Johnny Bravo 28-8 Prop

Re: 2021 Snooker Island Shootout

Postby chengdufan

Congrats to JB who now goes through to play Rekoons in the quarter-final.
Commiserations to Prop who got a tough draw and got his lowest score in frame 1. There's always next year.

Re: 2021 Snooker Island Shootout

Postby Prop

I should have waited until I’d got the obligatory terrible first frame of the day out of the way until I counted my breaks. Oh well :roll:

Re: 2021 Snooker Island Shootout

Postby chengdufan

Prop wrote:I’d still have lost, though. To Johnny ‘Ten Foot’ Bravo.

Your 30 break would have beaten him. How did it go?

I can only dream of a 30 :chuckle:

Re: 2021 Snooker Island Shootout

Postby Prop

chengdufan wrote:
Prop wrote:I’d still have lost, though. To Johnny ‘Ten Foot’ Bravo.

Your 30 break would have beaten him. How did it go?

I can only dream of a 30 :chuckle:


The 30 was the only frame I wasn’t terrible. It was an isolated 5 minutes, out of hours of play, where it clicked. Then I was back to not being able to concentrate and losing my focus.

It’s not a great environment for me since they got rid of the match table (in a room of its own). Some people can block noise and distractions out, but I can’t. Any break I’ve ever had above 50 has always been when the club is almost empty.

Re: 2021 Snooker Island Shootout

Postby chengdufan

I've arranged a game on Sunday. I'll count the second frame. (And the third, just in case)

Re: 2021 Snooker Island Shootout

Postby acesinc

chengdufan wrote:Any volunteers to receive Aces' and my scores?


Hi, Cheng. For my part, don't think a "referee" of sorts is even required for our match. I will be happy to just post my score on the thread. I am not getting the table time that I normally do when my son is in town. I have a good sized contract for work, about 10 to 12 hrs a day, sometimes even 6 days a week. I actually have the boy helping me with it so he has a good summer job making some money.

We did get a couple frames in yesterday after work but I didn't count any breaks from them not knowing the status of the competition yet. I usually suck on the table after work anyway, all wound up. But we ought to get a good session in this weekend, probably Sunday, so I will take my highest break from the third frame, seems to be when I get in the groove most often.

So if you care to, just post on the thread here. All just for fun. (And maybe some bragging rights.) Back to work....

Re: 2021 Snooker Island Shootout

Postby chengdufan

Running side wrote:Match scores
F1 71 19 ( 18 break)
F2 ...
F3 ...
F4 ...
F5 ...
F6 ...
F7 ...
F8 ...
F9 ...
Thanks for running comp,really pleased how I played felt good from first pot.


Pink Ball wrote:My high breaks from frames I played:
17, 9, 35, 16


Running Side 18-17 Pink Ball

Re: 2021 Snooker Island Shootout

Postby chengdufan

acesinc wrote:
chengdufan wrote:Any volunteers to receive Aces' and my scores?


Hi, Cheng. For my part, don't think a "referee" of sorts is even required for our match. I will be happy to just post my score on the thread. I am not getting the table time that I normally do when my son is in town. I have a good sized contract for work, about 10 to 12 hrs a day, sometimes even 6 days a week. I actually have the boy helping me with it so he has a good summer job making some money.

We did get a couple frames in yesterday after work but I didn't count any breaks from them not knowing the status of the competition yet. I usually suck on the table after work anyway, all wound up. But we ought to get a good session in this weekend, probably Sunday, so I will take my highest break from the third frame, seems to be when I get in the groove most often.

So if you care to, just post on the thread here. All just for fun. (And maybe some bragging rights.) Back to work....


Iranu wrote:I’m happy to receive the scores if that’s what Chengdu decides.


It looks like we're both playing on Sunday. Because of the time difference, I'll be playing first. I'll send my scores to Iranu. He can store my extra score too for use in the next round :evilgrin:

Re: 2021 Snooker Island Shootout

Postby chengdufan

Round 1

Running Side 18-17 Pink Ball
Deewee bye
Juddernaut88 bye
Badsnookerplayer bye
Johnny Bravo 28-8 Prop
Rekoons bye
AcesInc bye
Chengdufan bye


Quarter Finals

Running Side v Deewee
Juddernaut88 v Badsnookerplayer
Johnny Bravo v Rekoons
AcesInc v Chengdufan

Re: 2021 Snooker Island Shootout

Postby chengdufan

Deewee hasn't visited Snooker Island since May 12th. I have sent him a couple of PMs but it seems he hasn't got them.
I'll give him a week (until the 17th) to log in. If he doesn't, Running Side will get a bye to the semi-final.

Re: 2021 Snooker Island Shootout

Postby Juddernaut88

I'm playing tomorrow. I've not actually played for 3 weeks so let's see what I can do. I'm playing against a mate I very rarely beat. First time I'm playing against him for a year.
He's pretty decent and I think he's made a few 50+ breaks before. He made a 45 against me few years ago. My highest break of 30 did actually come against him.
It would be great to repeat that but I doubt it lol.

Re: 2021 Snooker Island Shootout

Postby Prop

Juddernaut88 wrote:I'm playing tomorrow. I've not actually played for 3 weeks so let's see what I can do. I'm playing against a mate I very rarely beat. First time I'm playing against him for a year.
He's pretty decent and I think he's made a few 50+ breaks before. He made a 45 against me few years ago. My highest break of 30 did actually come against him.
It would be great to repeat that but I doubt it lol.


Good luck mate. I’m a firm believer that the quickest way of getting better is playing someone better than you.

Bag that first 40 <ok>