Post a reply

Re: Snooker Island Grand Prix

Postby Prop

chengdufan wrote:I introduced my daughter to cue sports for the first time today :D

She could be the next Ng On Yee.

I chose the American pool table rather than snooker of course. I'm not a sadist.

Did she enjoy herself? :-)

I think snooker was the first I played, a bit older than that. Stood on a box at the full size table my dad and his colleagues had at the Fire Station. Then he bought us a 6x3 Riley slate bed. Still got some photos somewhere of me knocking balls in with my grandma picking them out <laugh>

Postby chengdufan

Pink Ball is the Grand Prix champion, winning in emphatic style, losing only one frame in the final group to Badsnookerplayer's 45 break. Congratulations Pink! :hatoff:

Postby Pink Ball

Huge honour to win this because I felt a bit cursed in the first few tournaments I entered!

Didn't play especially well on the day aside from the 81. I'm not the player I used to be, and I only seem to make 60+ breaks now when the reds are nicely split, and that was no exception. But it's still a great break!

Postby Prop

Congratulations, Pink Ball. One of the Island’s genuine ton players.

Postby acesinc

chengdufan wrote:I introduced my daughter to cue sports for the first time today :D

She could be the next Ng On Yee.

I chose the American pool table rather than snooker of course. I'm not a sadist.

First time I am seeing this thread in a while....I LOVE this picture Chengdu! It reminds me of when my boy really started to play. He was a bit older (I assume) at about 10 years old. You made me go back and look up some old YouTube videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbBB1bRKGEo

I love the logic he displays changing his mind from the "easiest" Green to the far more useful Black ball. A prodigy from early on!