Post a reply

Re: Snooker Island Grand Prix

Postby Juddernaut88

Prop wrote:Hold on a minute… I thought I was out. But I’ve just read the rules again. I’m still in with a shout then?!

That's just so careless at this level.

Postby rekoons

chengdufan wrote:My playing partner has cancelled
:-(

Too short notice to find a replacement. And I'm going away this weekend.
Rekoons might need to wait until next week for my scores. Apologies everyone.

I was also due to play yesterday, but got canceled as well.

Hopefully next week...

Postby Juddernaut88

I'm hoping to play tomorrow, but I was supposed to play last Saturday and my mate cancelled day before, it's the same mate again so let's hope he doesn't cancel again lol.

Postby Running side

Turned up to play local big hitter yesterday, barman tipped me off how seriously he takes the game,he walks in and announces I've got to play with his balls.I said OK if you let me win,not a flicker of emotion nothing. Then he says,he needs 15 minutes to do his warm up.I said, we not playing for money, just a 3 frame scratch match.This guy made Davis in his prime seem like a hyperactive Ken Dodd.After a silent 5 minutes decide to tell him where to stick his cue,much to the amusement of bar staff.Hopefully playing barman Sunday

Postby Prop

Running side wrote:Turned up to play local big hitter yesterday, barman tipped me off how seriously he takes the game,he walks in and announces I've got to play with his balls.I said OK if you let me win,not a flicker of emotion nothing. Then he says,he needs 15 minutes to do his warm up.I said, we not playing for money, just a 3 frame scratch match.This guy made Davis in his prime seem like a hyperactive Ken Dodd.After a silent 5 minutes decide to tell him where to stick his cue,much to the amusement of bar staff.Hopefully playing barman Sunday

rofl

Yeah, life’s too short!

Postby chengdufan

Running side wrote:Turned up to play local big hitter yesterday, barman tipped me off how seriously he takes the game,he walks in and announces I've got to play with his balls.I said OK if you let me win,not a flicker of emotion nothing. Then he says,he needs 15 minutes to do his warm up.I said, we not playing for money, just a 3 frame scratch match.This guy made Davis in his prime seem like a hyperactive Ken Dodd.After a silent 5 minutes decide to tell him where to stick his cue,much to the amusement of bar staff.Hopefully playing barman Sunday

Love this :lol:

Postby chengdufan

Bsp, good luck! It's your frames against me, so send scores to Iranu!

I'm about to start my game v Rekoons. Usual table not available (it's packed here) only one table open. This will be the first time I've played on it. :shock:

Postby chengdufan

Some players have played their second set of three frames, while the scores for the first set are not yet in for some players. So here's a summary of where we're at at the moment.

Matchday 1

A
Acesinc 1-2 Pink Ball
Running Side v Juddernaut88 (Juddernaut's scores in, waiting for RS)

B
Chengdufan v Rekoons (My scores in, waiting for Rekoons)
Badsnookerplayer 3-0 Prop

Matchday 2

A
Acesinc v Running Side (ACES' scores in, waiting for RS)
Pink Ball v Juddernaut88 (Pink's Scores in, waiting for Judders)

B
Chengdufan v Badsnookerplayer (My scores not in yet. Not sure about BSP)
Rekoons v Prop (Waiting for both players)

No scores in for Matchday 3 yet) Matchday 3

A
Acesinc v Juddernaut88
Pink Ball v Running SIde

B
Chengdufan v Prop
Rekoons v Badsnookerplayer

Postby Iranu

Scores received for:

Chengdufan (Match 1)
Running Side (Match 2)

Postby chengdufan

Iranu wrote:Scores received for:

Chengdufan (Match 1)
Running Side (Match 2)

I think the score you got from Running Side is for match one. He hasn't given me the scores for his match with Juddernaut88

Postby Iranu

chengdufan wrote:

Chengdufan (Match 1)
Running Side (Match 2)

I think the score you got from Running Side is for match one. He hasn't given me the scores for his match with Juddernaut88

Sorry, it’s from AcesInc FOR his match with Running Side.

Postby chengdufan

Iranu wrote:
chengdufan wrote:

Chengdufan (Match 1)
Running Side (Match 2)

Sorry, it’s from AcesInc FOR his match with Running Side.

Wow, ok! Apologies Judders. I've edited out the results.

I think Running Side is playing today, so we should get his scores later this evening.

Postby Iranu

Yeah, my bad. I got caught between saying AcesInc vs Running Side and AcesInc Match 2 and came out with the worst of both worlds :emb:

Postby Running side

Just got in,sent scores to Chengdu, played OK ,barman unknown ability very steady player apart from not saying he forgot he was working the bar while playing. Made for a few interesting delays, never happened at crucible, 2 cheese burgers and 2 pints of Carling on 16 break,but still enjoyable.

Postby chengdufan

Running side wrote:Frame 1 19 break
Frame 2 17 break
Frame 3 28 break

Juddernaut88 wrote:Hello my scores today were:
Frame 1- 9
Frame 2- 18
Frame 3- 8

I lost 3-2 I played okay. The last frame I neeeded a snooker with pink and black remaining. I managed to get it via a fluke and forced a black ball game. I missed the black ball completed. I'm gutted to lose in that manner after doing the hardwork.

Running Side 2-1 Juddernaut88
19-9
17-18
28-8

Postby chengdufan

Group A after one match:

1. Pink Ball 4 pts (50 break)
2. Running Side 4 pts (28 break)
3. ACESInc 2 pts (21 break)
4. Juddernaut88 2 pts (18 break)

Match 1
Acesinc 1-2 Pink Ball
Running Side 2-1 Juddernaut88

Next match
Acesinc v Running Side (ACES' scores in, waiting for RS)
Pink Ball v Juddernaut88 (Pink's Scores in, waiting for Judders)

Postby Running side

Can I wait until next Sunday to play my next game? Much as I enjoyed playing barman twas a bit difficult to get into a rhythm with him doing bar duties every frame, my frame 2 potted 2 red blacks and fellow at bar shouting, if you don't come and serve me I'm phoning your boss.15 minutes later he was back all apologies, not his fault obviously doing me a favour, back to the table on a straight forward red with chance of a nice break, absolutely butchered red ,went in and ended up snookering myself on all colours,same felt good in the balls but still enjoyed the game, got someone who's available on Sunday if that's still in time schedule.

Postby TheSaviour

Er. Does anyone know a fella called Robbie O´Socksecset? I have heard he lives in London, and is one of titles challengers during the upcoming/on-going season.

Robbie O´Socksecset.

No reason why.

Postby Running side

TheSaviour wrote:Er. Does anyone know a fella called Robbie O´Socksecset? I have heard he lives in London, and is one of titles challengers during the upcoming/on-going season.

Robbie O´Socksecset.

No reason why.

Can we arrange a match, I think it would be appropriate to dress up as pantomime dames, fancy it.

Postby chengdufan

Looks like I might finish my second match before I finish my first :chuckle: