Post a reply

Kerry County Championship

Postby Tubberlad

Apparently our County Championship is set to make a return after a seven year absence. Entry forms have been sent to clubs around the county, the draw is to take place in mid March and conclude by the end of April, with all matches best-of-7.

I'm not attached to a club myself and haven't played properly in years, but I think it's time I picked up the cue again and maybe think about entering next year.

Appararently, organisers saw a massive upturn in interest over the last six months, both at a National and County level, so saw this as the right time to revive a tournament that was dead and buried by the middle of last decade. Fantastic news, and signs that the Hearn revolution is working, even in my neck of the woods.

Re: Kerry County Championship

Postby Casey

Excellent news tubber <ok> Its events like these that help to develop young talent as well as peak the interest of others. Keep us posted on how you get on!

Postby Tubberlad

Going to play a few frames with the brother on Saturday evening... first time playing in six and a half years :wave:

And then we're going getting tanked :hatoff:

Postby Roland

You picked the right time to do it. It means you'll miss the conclusion of Trump v Robbo! But I guess every club with a tv will have it on in the background.

I was always pretty baffled why there weren't more clubs in Ireland because hits on this website show a lot from that country. There's a lot of snooker interest in Ireland. Eurosport again.

Postby Tubberlad

Sonny wrote:You picked the right time to do it. It means you'll miss the conclusion of Trump v Robbo! But I guess every club with a tv will have it on in the background.

I was always pretty baffled why there weren't more clubs in Ireland because hits on this website show a lot from that country. There's a lot of snooker interest in Ireland. Eurosport again.

I meant tomorrow evening <laugh> I'm not missing Trump-Robbo :hatoff:

Postby Tubberlad

Wish me luck peeps, playing a few frames tonight! My brothers's a serious enough player so could be a tough return

Postby Tubberlad

Played six frame, lost all of them unsurprisingly, my brother is pretty decent I must, he made two half centuries :|

But I did show some signs of improvement, I had one five ball break in the last frame which totalled 15, pretty happy with that :hatoff: at the start I couldn't pot a thing