Post a reply

2015 Quickslide York Masters

Postby Roland

http://www.yorkmasters.co.uk/index.php

live streaming: http://new.livestream.com/accounts/2426456

The Quickslide York Masters is now under way complete with live streaming. The event is in its second year and features players from the Wednesday and Thursday night York leagues. It's a bit of fun as one of our members has a professionally set up Star table which is used primarily by local former pro Paul Davison, and he's kindly set this tournament up for us to play in. And believe me the pockets are tight!

The event is best of 5 to start with which all of us who are used to 1 or best of 3 matches are relishing, and there's one match per evening starting at 7pm. It will run on for the next couple of months as there's 8 groups of 3 where the top two will go through to the last 16 when it becomes knock out. This is popular because everyone is guaranteed at least 2 matches on a Star table, but means it goes on quite a long time.

It contains a lot of my Wednesday and Thursday night team mates. Some of you may have seen the name Ashley Hugill in the amateur rounds of PTC events, well Ashley plays in my Thursday night team and goes in as one of the big favourites for this event. In fact he plays our team captain Andi Ireland in his first match which should be a good one. Keep an eye out for Pete Rivis, he's captain safety @peterivis on Twitter, a bit of a character and out of the box shot thinker. Jordan Worobec knocked me out of the semi-final in the league individual event last week and he's a hell of a player when he's on song so he's another to look out for. There's also my buddy Mick Borg who is also a very good player, former practice partner of current SB Classic champ Ant Parsons, and the other one to mention is Dan Potter who is very dangerous and goes in as one of the favourites having finished runner-up last year. All of them are solid players but obviously most look totally rubbish when compared to the professionals. And don't forget, every single one of them is under pressure.

From what I've seen so far it's entertaining seeing them all struggle on the Star table. If anyone else has an event like this going on then bring it here, it'd be good to see how others on the forum get on when playing the game.

Re: 2015 Quickslide York Masters

Postby Roland

Paul won 3-2, right result I felt. Rich is my Wednesday night captain and he's also a referee who does a lot of amateur events like the IBSF worlds. Wouldn't surprise me if he ended up reffing on tv one day. As a player he's a good single ball potter and always seems to have the run of the ball with him which is why it's good to have him on your team.

Postby Roland

He lost 3-2 but played this gem in the decider I think 35 behind at the time

Postby Roland

My first match is up from last night. It says Justin Morris but it's Nick Merchant, Justin pulled out last minute and Nick agreed to play our match at short notice.

http://new.livestream.com/accounts/2426 ... ts/3840173

I won 3-0, played better in 1st and 3rd frames where I effectively closed the match out with a 30 odd clearing the last few reds. Nick was struggling with the conditions a bit, he can play a lot better than that. I'm sure he'll look back and realise he turned down too many chances but it's tough out there. I love the table.