Post a reply

Re: Jimmy White aims to end title drought

Postby McManusFan

I can see him winning round 1, but he's probably going to be up against Jack Lisowski in round 2. I seriously doubt he'll get further than that. Good luck to him though.

Postby RunningSide

Admire Jimmy's thinking but very little chance of winning more than 1 match. Suppose if hes qualified for tournament his ego still fancies the challenge.

Postby Cloud Strife

Johnny Bravo wrote:Jimmmy has a chance

Out of all the top 16 players, Lisowski is the one I’d give Jimmy the biggest hope of beating. Jack, on a bad day, can lose to the one-armed bandit.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:

Out of all the top 16 players, Lisowski is the one I’d give Jimmy the biggest hope of beating. Jack, on a bad day, can lose to the one-armed bandit.

Technically not in the top-16 any more, but if there's a top player, who I think on a bad day could lose to anyone. Literally anyone. (A short sighted, one-armed man, who had never heard of snooker until an hour before the match started etc.) I'd put Ding ahead of Lisowski.

The flipside is, at least Ding has played well and won tournaments in the past. Lisowski hasn't.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Technically not in the top-16 any more, but if there's a top player, who I think on a bad day could lose to anyone. Literally anyone. (A short sighted, one-armed man, who had never heard of snooker until an hour before the match started etc.) I'd put Ding ahead of Lisowski.

The flipside is, at least Ding has played well and won tournaments in the past. Lisowski hasn't.

I’d put Luca way ahead of both Jack and Ding tbh

Postby SnookerEd25

So there we have it : three ‘top’ players Jimmy White could ‘beat’ these days -

Ding Junhui
Jack Lisowski
Luca Brecel

- and he plays one of them tonight…

Let’s watache <ok>