Post a reply

Re: Hazel Irvine will present the Worlds

Postby Iranu

badtemperedcyril wrote:
Iranu wrote:Ehh, Seema’s learning. She makes mistakes but she’s already better than Jill.

Hazel’s the gold standard.

She might be rusty when she comes back...

Definitely possible although I think a) having her back would paper over any cracks and b) she’s been a pro for long enough it’ll be like riding a bike anyway.

Postby badtemperedcyril

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:
badtemperedcyril wrote:Whilst I appreciate there is an element of the viewership that like to look at Seema and Hazel, I personally think, of the three, Jason Mohammad is the best snooker presenter. He really knows his subject and seems to get on well with the rest of the team. Hazel is a bit of a "yes girl" and just bows to the BBC bosses every whim, taking care to throw in references to the BBC Triple Crown at every opportunity.

Jason Mohammed knows snooker but he’s way too irritating.

I dispute the first part, but not the second.
Whyyyyy?

Postby SnookerEd25

HappyCamper wrote:icke and ebdon in the studio together, could be interesting...

There isn’t a studio big enough...

Postby Wildey

badtemperedcyril wrote:Whilst I appreciate there is an element of the viewership that like to look at Seema and Hazel, I personally think, of the three, Jason Mohammad is the best snooker presenter. He really knows his subject and seems to get on well with the rest of the team. Hazel is a bit of a "yes girl" and just bows to the BBC bosses every whim, taking care to throw in references to the BBC Triple Crown at every opportunity.

Jason left the Snooker Team and was only braught back because Hazel was missing last year

Postby Andre147

Hazel has been doing it since 2000 right? The year David Vine left the BBC for retirment?

She's the best by a mile. The only minor thing that annoys me with her is sometimes she tries to bring up cringeworthy stuff, but apart from that she has deep knowledge of the game and the players and staff involved.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Hazel has been doing it since 2000 right? The year David Vine left the BBC for retirment?

She's the best by a mile. The only minor thing that annoys me with her is sometimes she tries to bring up cringeworthy stuff, but apart from that she has deep knowledge of the game and the players and staff involved.

:goodpost:

Postby The_Abbott

vodkadiet1 wrote:Meghan and Harry could present with The Queen and Prince Andrew in the commentary box.

Only if they stick to dress code. No jeans.

Postby GeF

The_Abbott wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:Meghan and Harry could present with The Queen and Prince Andrew in the commentary box.

Are Worlds played at Wimbledon ?

Postby SnookerFan

GeF wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:

Are Worlds played at Wimbledon ?

Not traditionally.