Post a reply

Re: Barry Hearn Retires from Matchroom Sport

Postby Prop

Dan-cat wrote:This doesn't say anything about him stepping down as Chairman of World Snooker.

Good point. This went completely over my head.

Postby Dan-cat

Just read another thing and it looks like he is stepping aside from World Snooker, but will remain as President of Matchroom. Doubt we've heard the last of him!

The WST is a brilliant team that Matchroom have assembled, and that will keep running: Barry is in no way a bottleneck to its continued success.

What interest Eddie has in snooker remains to be seen, but doubt he has any interest in damaging his father's legacy.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Just read another thing and it looks like he is stepping aside from World Snooker, but will remain as President of Matchroom. Doubt we've heard the last of him!

The WST is a brilliant team that Matchroom have assembled, and that will keep running: Barry is in no way a bottleneck to its continued success.

What interest Eddie has in snooker remains to be seen, but doubt he has any interest in damaging his father's legacy.

The first thing I read said it the other way around. He was stepping down from Matchroom.

I dare say the BBC will have a feature on it later.

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Just read another thing and it looks like he is stepping aside from World Snooker, but will remain as President of Matchroom. Doubt we've heard the last of him!

The first thing I read said it the other way around. He was stepping down from Matchroom.

I dare say the BBC will have a feature on it later.

he steeping down as chair of mathroom group to be replaced by his son. he will carry on as president in some advisory capacity.

he is also stepping down as chair of wst, to be replaced by current wst ceo steve dawson. who has been with matchroom/wst for donkey's years.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Juddernaut88 wrote::sad:

Why the buck are you sad ?!? :| :irk:

This is good news :happy:

With Barry Earn gone, snooker can finally progress. Perhaps my wish will come true and we'll finally get polo shirts. :D

Postby Holden Chinaski

Johnny Bravo wrote:

With Barry Earn gone, snooker can finally progress. Perhaps my wish will come true and we'll finally get polo shirts. :D

Yes, snooker will conquer the world when the players start wearing polo shirts. Brilliant.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

Yes, snooker will conquer the world when the players start wearing polo shirts. Brilliant.

Snooker has remained behind other sports cause of it's stupid antiquated dress code and manners.

Postby Sickpotter

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

rofl

Postby Sickpotter

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

Snooker has remained behind other sports cause of it's stupid antiquated dress code and manners.

9 ball is all played wearing whatever they like and is a far more popular sport because of its ease of play as compared to snooker.

You know what the winner of the 9 ball WC makes? About 1/10th what one gets for winning the snooker WC.

Relaxed dress code has done nothing to gain sponsors or fans for 9 ball.

I don't know why you think snooker is behind other sports, it's the top of the heap for cue sports which is really the only kind of sport you should be comparing it to.

Postby Andre147

Snooker is the king of cue sports.

And they have already relaxed the dress code in some events like Mr Hearn said in the BBC interview. It doesn't need any more change in the dress code.

Postby Pink Ball

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, a fresh water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

Postby mick745

Pink Ball wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, a fresh water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

Brought peace?

Postby gallantrabbit

You don't think control freak Barry will hand it over willy nilly do you? Dawson has been with him 30 years. Probably modelled himself on Barry and knows which direction is expected of him in snooker. Not exactly Sir Rodders is it?