Post a reply

Re: Provisional Calendar for first half of 2022/23 season

Postby HappyCamper

it's just been newly done up. so shouldn't be too pissy smelling one hopes.

only about twenty minutes walk from my flat.

there's actually a pool/snooker hall a minute or two further down the road.

Postby SnookerFan

SteveJJ wrote:Uh Oh the Scottish Open is in a sports centre. Will Ronnie be on urine smelling duty like in Crawley?

Brentwood, for the Englsh Open, is a Sports Hall too. Reviews on Trip Advisor say that there aren't many toilet facilities.

I'm looking to go anyway.

Postby Doc

SnookerFan wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:Uh Oh the Scottish Open is in a sports centre. Will Ronnie be on urine smelling duty like in Crawley?

Brentwood, for the Englsh Open, is a Sports Hall too. Reviews on Trip Advisor say that there aren't many toilet facilities.

I remember Ronnie complaining about having to walk past pissy smelling toilets. Snooker wouldn't be the same without Ronnie's various comments and antics. He does make me smile. :-)

Postby SnookerFan

Doc wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

I remember Ronnie complaining about having to walk past pissy smelling toilets. Snooker wouldn't be the same without Ronnie's various comments and antics. He does make me smile. :-)

It would be better without that stupid rubbish.

Postby SteveJJ

SnookerFan wrote:

I'd try not to go too often if there aren't too many toilets

Postby Juddernaut88

Juddernaut88 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Any hints as to where the Champion Of Champions may be?

This suggests Bolton
https://www2.theticketfactory.com/champ ... ker%20Tour.

£220 to attend all sessions. That is pretty good. I was tempted but I already have a week off work the following week and also Bolton is a few hours drive from me. I don't think I'd really want to stay in a hotel there for a whole week, the other option would be driving back and fourth every day but that will be tiring and very expensive considering how silly fuel prices are these days.
I may consider attending either a semi final or the final but we'll see!

Postby SnookerFan

Assuming it is Bolton, I don't think I am bothered. Particularly with the travelling there. (Bear in mind though, no official confirmation from World Snooker.)

I've got tickets to Milton Keynes (British Open) and Brentwood (English Open.) And will go to The Masters.

So, will make do with that.

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:Assuming it is Bolton, I don't think I am bothered. Particularly with the travelling there. (Bear in mind though, no official confirmation from World Snooker.)

I've got tickets to Milton Keynes (British Open) and Brentwood (English Open.) And will go to The Masters.

So, will make do with that.

<ok> I'm hoping one tournament this season will be in Coventry. The World Grand Prix was last year so *fingers crossed* it is again this season.

Postby 1892

Last season I managed the UK Champs, Tour Champs and a session of the worlds. Hopefully get to a few more this season, would love for there to be a tournament in the North East but as previously mentioned Hull isn’t too bad. Although the Scottish up in Edinburgh is pretty even closer.

Postby SnookerFan

SteveJJ wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

I'd try not to go too often if there aren't too many toilets

<laugh>

I'm thinking of taking an empty plastic bottle with me.