Post a reply

Re: Liang Sentenced For Assaulting a Woman

Postby Iranu

mick745 wrote:When i was saying trial by media i was meaning the snooker ban length, my argument is that any action taken needs to be fair and proportionate not just a pile on by people in the media or on social media, plenty of whom seem to be calling for a lifetime's ban.

The lad has done wrong. WST now need to follow a fair and due process not just bow to people's demands. If i did something wrong i would expect my employer to do the same and look at all the circumstances.

If say a custodial sentence had been passed then he wouldnt have been able to play anyway and his tour card would have to be cancelled. The courts did not deem this severe enough to pass such a sentence though.

I don’t understand why you keep beating this drum.

Postby HappyCamper

There is nothing on WPBSA news or disciplinary web site yet.

They could provisionally suspend him before the world's I think, but the full process would take longer.

Postby Prop

SnookerFan wrote:
Prop wrote:Good on Dave Hendon for bringing it up in comms.

What did he say?

Just a little summary of Ferguson’s statement.

Postby Prop

SnookerFan wrote:
mantorok wrote:Can I take this bastard off my TP team?

rubbish.

He's on mine, as well.

I think you can afford to lose a player dude.

Postby mantorok

SnookerFan wrote:

rubbish.

He's on mine, as well.

I think any points you've made from him should be shared out amongst the bottom 3 in the table, seeing as you are at the top.

Postby Prop

mantorok wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

rubbish.

He's on mine, as well.

I think any points you've made from him should be shared out amongst the bottom 3 in the table, seeing as you are at the top.

Dirty points!

Postby SnookerFan

Prop wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

rubbish.

He's on mine, as well.

I think you can afford to lose a player dude.

Still plenty of time for me to Matthew Stevens it.

Postby The_Abbott

I am glad that there wasn't a trial by social media. This is how these cases should be with correct punishment given by a court.

Wenbo is a bucking idiot. He has had a few punches to the table in recent years so the 'anger' management issue has always been there but still surprised.

Whether his punishment is enough remains to be seen. Is this worse than match fixing? In my opinion it is but the sentence isn't anywhere near the 16 years Stephen Lee got but don't know all the facts with Wenbo.

Postby SnookerArcher

LDS wrote:Liang WenASBO

Funny, except Bo isn't pronounced bo but bwor, none of the non chinese people in snooker or the commentators ever said his first name right. Anyhow if he never plays again they won't have much need to announce him, very disappointed to hear about this, what a disgrace.

Postby Johnny Bravo

SnookerFan wrote:What reason can there be?

I dunno. Perhaps she assaulted him with a knife and he got mad. Perhaps she was an ex girldfriend and he found her cheating with a friend of his. Perhaps he was drunk and mistook her for someone else.
But there must be a reason. Otherwise it wouldn't make sense for him to hit a random woman of the street. :?

Postby Johnny Bravo

Pink Ball wrote:I'm sure if there had been mitigating circumstances, it would have come out in court and would have had to have been included in an article about it.

Not that I particularly care 'why' he did it.

But they probably came up in court. No sane man hits a random woman on the street, it makes no sense. :?