Post a reply

Return of a world doubles tournament?

Postby mick745

It has been strongly rumoured that a doubles tournament will be making a comeback (presumably not sponsored by Hofmeister?).

I wonder what format this will take? Will top 32 players be allocated partners at random?

And what's Tony Meo up to these days?

Re: Return of a world doubles tournament?

Postby Yanfan

mick745 wrote:It has been strongly rumoured that a doubles tournament will be making a comeback (presumably not sponsored by Hofmeister?).

I wonder what format this will take? Will top 32 players be allocated partners at random?

Steve Davis
@SteveSnooker
Replying to
@AndyJ147
@andyjay77 No I haven't seen Tony Meo for years. I do know that he is a top level Watch seller. Works out of Hatton Garden I believe.

https://twitter.com/stevesnooker/status ... lang=en-GB

:-)

Postby GeF

Allison Fischer back from the USA to play double with Steve Davis, unfortunately it will not be possible to see again the best team of all time Hurricane - Whirlwind.

Postby CaldoTheKid

Yanfan wrote:
mick745 wrote:It has been strongly rumoured that a doubles tournament will be making a comeback (presumably not sponsored by Hofmeister?).

Steve Davis
@SteveSnooker
Replying to
@AndyJ147
@andyjay77 No I haven't seen Tony Meo for years. I do know that he is a top level Watch seller. Works out of Hatton Garden I believe.

https://twitter.com/stevesnooker/status ... lang=en-GB

:-)

Jimmy's probably the best one to answer as he and Meo were close friends growing up, so it seems likely Jimmy would be the one he kept in touch with if he kept in touch with anyone at all.

Postby CaldoTheKid

Quinten Hann & Stephen Lee must allowed to compete as partner's and their first match will be against John Higgins/Cao Yupeng. Hopefully some rich bugger will each team to lose the match in a whitewash so we can some hilarious stuff.

Postby Wildey

HappyCamper wrote:no1 in rankings teams up with no128
no2 with no127,
and so on.

thats contrived if they do it. it has to be where they chose their partner...back in the day i never understood why Alex Higgins teamed up with Eddie Charlton in 1982.

Postby Wildey

GeF wrote:Allison Fischer back from the USA to play double with Steve Davis, unfortunately it will not be possible to see again the best team of all time Hurricane - Whirlwind.

Davis and Meo was the Best Team and Hendry and Hallett was a Good team too

Postby SnookerEd25

Wildey wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:no1 in rankings teams up with no128
no2 with no127,
and so on.

thats contrived if they do it. it has to be where they chose their partner...back in the day i never understood why Alex Higgins teamed up with Eddie Charlton in 1982.

I remember reading In Snooker Scene that players had the option of entering as a team, or as individuals to be paired up randomly with somebody by the WPBSA, which led to some interesting pairings, such as Charlton-Higgins. The Francisco’s entered most editions but not always together. Couldn’t understand why Jimmy & Alex didn’t team up every year rather than just on a couple of occasions :chin: