Post a reply

Re: Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon Not Allowed On Tour

Postby Wildey

There was no other reason other than to qualify for the WST to compete in Q School there was no tournament winner or Prize Money all this should have been Dealt with before Q School and pointed out no point trying to get on Tour

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:There was no other reason other than to qualify for the WST to compete in Q School there was no tournament winner or Prize Money all this should have been Dealt with before Q School and pointed out no point trying to get on Tour

So, they let him try to qualify then told him that he wasn't allowed?

Postby mick745

All the players that lost to hom in the q school will feel a bit cheated that they lost to someone who wasnt eligible.

It should have been sorted out before it started when his entry was first received. He would have signed his form to say he was eligible i assume.

Postby Doc

mick745 wrote:All the players that lost to hom in the q school will feel a bit cheated that they lost to someone who wasnt eligible.

It should have been sorted out before it started when his entry was first received. He would have signed his form to say he was eligible i assume.

Very good points made in this post.

Really bad decision by the WPBSA.

I hope all the people that Tirapongpaiboon beat make formal complaints to the WPBSA.

Postby lhpirnie

SnookerFan wrote:Maybe they were hoping that he'd get beat, and they'd not have to deal with it.

Seems indecisive leadership, to say the least.

Yes exactly. Hope for the best. It's interesting that Passakorn Suwannawat, still one of the best amateurs in Asia, didn't enter Q School. What they are hoping for is that either TT accepts it and stays away, or that he appeals, in which case they can reopen the investigation. But to make an appeal, TT will have to hire lawyers, etc. He won't have the money to do that, and Thai snooker can hardly help him. What TT and PS are guilty of is refusing to answer all questions. Well, if my house had been burned down, I might be a little nervous about answering questions as well...

Postby SteveJJ

lhpirnie wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Maybe they were hoping that he'd get beat, and they'd not have to deal with it.

Yes exactly. Hope for the best. It's interesting that Passakorn Suwannawat, still one of the best amateurs in Asia, didn't enter Q School. What they are hoping for is that either TT accepts it and stays away, or that he appeals, in which case they can reopen the investigation. But to make an appeal, TT will have to hire lawyers, etc. He won't have the money to do that, and Thai snooker can hardly help him. What TT and PS are guilty of is refusing to answer all questions. Well, if my house had been burned down, I might be a little nervous about answering questions as well...

In that instance the claim that TT is cooperating with the WPBSA might not help

Postby Wildey

was never going to happen he was head and shoulders above most if not all in the tournament

Postby lhpirnie

Wildey wrote:

was never going to happen he was head and shoulders above most if not all in the tournament

Q School is not as predictable as that. Look at what happened in the UK Q School. Most of the favourites lost.

Postby Wildey

lhpirnie wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Q School is not as predictable as that. Look at what happened in the UK Q School. Most of the favourites lost.

UK Q School is competitive sorry to say with no Chinese player playing and nobody from Oceania only a handful had a chance and Thanawat was near the top of that list.