Post a reply

Re: Ten players banned over match-fixing allegations

Postby Womble

Zhao's Apology statement

During the last few months of my suspension, I’ve been feeling regretful about my ignorance and foolishness. I've been feeling ashamed and guilty for the mistake I made, which disappointed everyone. Herein I want to express my deep apologies and with all honesty say I am sorry!

Because I wasn't strict enough with myself, didn't study the rules and regulations for snooker players thoroughly, didn't keep in mind CBSA guidance and education, and forgot the teachings of my teachers, seniors and family, I let down the trust of my fans and brought shame to Chinese snooker.

Since living alone overseas can be dull and isolating, I blindly followed others and chose the worst way of spending time - betting. I didn't realise this bad habit was eating me up inside, I even violated the snooker player rules to make bets. However, I've never had a match-fixing mentality - I am fully aware that such behavior is forbidden for professionals. When my close friend asked me to place a bet, I didn’t have the courage to say “no" and report this behavior to the WPBSA Disciplinary Committee. I naively thought I was just responding to my friend's requests, moreover I didn't get anything in return. I paid a high price for this silliness and I regret it every single day.

For the period after the suspension, I also accepted psychological assistance provided by the WPBSA Committee, which will help me face my mental problems and weaknesses in my character. Since the incident I've also received lots of help from my fans, friends and academy. I’d like to thank everyone who didn't leave me during the hardest time, I'd also like to thank everyone who still believes I can turn over a new leaf and be a disciplined snooker player on and off the table.

Losing something makes you realise its value, and no words can express my deep love for snooker. Being a player does not only mean playing well, what is more important is being a person with a good mind and a moral character. Let me use my results as a way to prove myself and return to the game with a better image.

Zhao Xintong

Postby Iranu

Womble wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:Zhao's punishment is way too harsh.
Higgins only got 6 months.

You are so bucking dense.

Play nice. No need for that. <ok>

And you are...?

Postby Womble

Iranu wrote:
Womble wrote:
Iranu wrote:

And you are...?

I'm nice. <ok>

Postby Iranu

Womble wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Womble wrote:
Iranu wrote:

And you are...?

I'm nice. <ok>

But not my mother, yeah?

Postby Pink Ball

Womble wrote:Zhao's Apology statement

During the last few months of my suspension, I’ve been feeling regretful about my ignorance and foolishness. I've been feeling ashamed and guilty for the mistake I made, which disappointed everyone. Herein I want to express my deep apologies and with all honesty say I am sorry!

Because I wasn't strict enough with myself, didn't study the rules and regulations for snooker players thoroughly, didn't keep in mind CBSA guidance and education, and forgot the teachings of my teachers, seniors and family, I let down the trust of my fans and brought shame to Chinese snooker.

Since living alone overseas can be dull and isolating, I blindly followed others and chose the worst way of spending time - betting. I didn't realise this bad habit was eating me up inside, I even violated the snooker player rules to make bets. However, I've never had a match-fixing mentality - I am fully aware that such behavior is forbidden for professionals. When my close friend asked me to place a bet, I didn’t have the courage to say “no" and report this behavior to the WPBSA Disciplinary Committee. I naively thought I was just responding to my friend's requests, moreover I didn't get anything in return. I paid a high price for this silliness and I regret it every single day.

For the period after the suspension, I also accepted psychological assistance provided by the WPBSA Committee, which will help me face my mental problems and weaknesses in my character. Since the incident I've also received lots of help from my fans, friends and academy. I’d like to thank everyone who didn't leave me during the hardest time, I'd also like to thank everyone who still believes I can turn over a new leaf and be a disciplined snooker player on and off the table.

Losing something makes you realise its value, and no words can express my deep love for snooker. Being a player does not only mean playing well, what is more important is being a person with a good mind and a moral character. Let me use my results as a way to prove myself and return to the game with a better image.

Zhao Xintong

His English has really improved.

Postby Prop

Pink Ball wrote:
Womble wrote:Zhao's Apology statement

Zhao Xintong

His English has really improved.

<laugh>

Postby Pink Ball

The bans are appropriate. I feel sorry for most of the players (guess which ones I don't pity) up to a point because most of these cases aren't black and white, but they still did what they did, which ranges from harmful stupidity to outright scumbaggery. These bans hit a nice balance while also sending a very strong message.

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:The bans are appropriate. I feel sorry for most of the players (guess which ones I don't pity) up to a point because most of these cases aren't black and white, but they still did what they did, which ranges from harmful stupidity to outright scumbaggery. These bans hit a nice balance while also sending a very strong message.

My guess is that you pity Yan Bingtao.

You really seem to like that guy.

Postby The_Abbott

SnookerFan wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:The bans are appropriate. I feel sorry for most of the players (guess which ones I don't pity) up to a point because most of these cases aren't black and white, but they still did what they did, which ranges from harmful stupidity to outright scumbaggery. These bans hit a nice balance while also sending a very strong message.

My guess is that you pity Yan Bingtao.

You really seem to like that guy.

Pink Ball has been warning us for years to keep an eye on Yan Bingtao. Now we know what he was talking about.

Postby SnookerEd25

HappyCamper wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Just in case we forgot he exists, Muephy clarifies his opinion.

https://metro.co.uk/2023/06/08/shaun-mu ... jsIVIkvnNo

who is muephy?

Sean Muephy is the evil twin of highly respected professional snooker player Shaun Murphy. Whereas Murphy is quiet, restrained and impeccable in behaviour at all times, Muephy likes to indulge in verbal diarrhoea, controversial opinions and a stream of endless gibberish when commentating. Although they are two completely different entities, they are often mistaken for one individual leaving many to wonder how ‘Murphy’ can be both playing and commentating on ‘himself’ at the same time.

Shaun Murphy is brilliant and awesome; Sean Muephy is anything but.

- from Wikipedia.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Just in case we forgot he exists, Muephy clarifies his opinion.

who is muephy?

Sean Muephy is the evil twin of highly respected professional snooker player Shaun Murphy. Whereas Murphy is quiet, restrained and impeccable in behaviour at all times, Muephy likes to indulge in verbal diarrhoea, controversial opinions and a stream of endless gibberish when commentating. Although they are two completely different entities, they are often mistaken for one individual leaving many to wonder how ‘Murphy’ can be both playing and commentating on ‘himself’ at the same time.

- from Wikipedia.

rofl rofl

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerEd25 wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

who is muephy?

- from Wikipedia.

rofl

Re: Bans

Postby badtemperedcyril

Hard to see Yan Bingtao ever returning. Missing such a chunk from his career will be too debilitating to his standard of play. What’s he going to do for the next five years, practice? Unlikely. He might be too ashamed to return in any case.