Post a reply

Re: Ten players banned over match-fixing allegations

Postby HappyCamper

Dan-cat wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Yeah I read something. Apparently Yan and Xington have admitted to falsifying matches and gambling on snooker.

Falsifying matches!! You mean throwing games? Or manufacturing 10 - nil scorelines in a massive final? SMH

Those two are the most disappointing, because they were the ones having the most success.

I'd never condone match fixing, but you can at least understand somebody hard-up and struggling for money doing something they regret, especially if they had a family to feed or some such.

But these two had such a bright future ahead of them. They were both top-16ers. A shame.

they weren't always in the top 16, zhao had even fallen off the tour once in the past.

And by the time he had success already in too deep? Maybe

is there any indication that these specific charges relate to recent events?

though yes, if they had in the past when less successful that would be blackmail material now.

Postby SnookerEd25

Dan-cat wrote:Yeah I read something. Apparently Yan and Xington have admitted to falsifying matches and gambling on snooker.

Falsifying matches!! You mean throwing games? Or manufacturing 10 - nil scorelines in a massive final? SMH

Falsifying matches could just be uploading them incorrectly on CueTracker, to be fair…

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:

Falsifying matches could just be uploading them incorrectly on CueTracker, to be fair…

Yeah. That's probably what happened.

Re: Match fixing investigation update

Postby HappyCamper

shanew48 wrote:Mark king update coming soon?

it's a separate investigation. whether charges will be brought has not yet been announced

Re: Match fixing investigation update

Postby shanew48

HappyCamper wrote:
shanew48 wrote:Mark king update coming soon?

it's a separate investigation. whether charges will be brought has not yet been announced

Thank you for confirming.

Postby SteveJJ

snoopy2608 wrote:any further info on when we might here more on either the 10 or Mark King?

Early June was the last I heard regarding the 10 but not sure how solid that was given the leaked info suggested they were meeting a couple of weeks ago to decide on the penalties.

Postby chengdufan

snoopy2608 wrote:any further info on when we might here more on either the 10 or Mark King?

Think they're waiting for the Think Pink deadline. It'll be the day after.

Postby Womble

My inside source (some old guy from my club who knows someone who knows apparently knows someone else) said they will not be announcing the penalties until Q School has finished. Cast iron information. You heard it here first. :chin:

Postby SteveJJ

SnookerFan wrote:Heard this on the Radio. Thought they said Yan Bingtao had been banned for life.

Liang makes more sense. Not that I am condoning Yan's behaviour.

Yeah, downhill for you when you start fixing at 16 years old