Post a reply

Re: Ronnie O’Sullivan wants to have the whole tour in China

Postby Womble

Ronnie "Follow the money, Forget the fans" O'Sullivan.

Ronnie has been a money hungry spoilt little brat since the first time I saw him play when he was 14 years old.

If you ever talk to him in person, you will see that virtually his entire persona is false. Compared to Ronnie, my false half dozen sock accounts pales into insignificance. <laugh>

He will make the odd grand gesture. Like giving his trophy to a young fan or something. Which makes people think he is a hero. But wait until you really get to know him.

Postby lhpirnie

Womble wrote:Ronnie "Follow the money, Forget the fans" O'Sullivan.

Ronnie has been a money hungry spoilt little brat since the first time I saw him play when he was 14 years old.

If you ever talk to him in person, you will see that virtually his entire persona is false.

He will make the odd grand gesture. Like giving his trophy to a young fan or something. Which makes people think he is a hero. But wait until you really get to know him.

Oh he's not bad when you really know him. But there is a false persona with fans, yes.

Anyway, I attribute a lot of the money-grabbing stuff to his agency, not so much to him personally. It's them that persuaded him of the 'know your worth' mentality, and demonstrated to him that it gives him a competitive advantage.

Postby SnookerFan

Womble wrote:Ronnie "Follow the money, Forget the fans" O'Sullivan.

If you ever talk to him in person, you will see that virtually his entire persona is false. Compared to Ronnie, my false half dozen sock accounts pales into insignificance. <laugh>

I ain't a big Ronnie fan, but have been collecting autographs of all players on and off for years. In Ronnie's defence, for all the rubbish he talks, he was fairly alright with me when I got his.

Hendry back in the day was a bit of a grump. He used to leave venues, pretending to talk on his phone, so he wouldn't have to sign autographs.

Postby TheRocket

If he is a money hungry guy then thats not a good attribute but he wouldnt be the first sportsman or Snooker player who is like that. And I'm not sure whether we can blame a sportsman for trying to make as much as money as possible.

But I can only speak for myself here of course and for me hes become my favourite Snooker player solely for the player he is on the table. Off the table or what he is a person I can't judge because I don't know him. But some of the comments he makes after matches are obviously nonsense for which he deserves to be criticized.

Postby mantorok

SnookerFan wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:Ronnies breakaway tour might happen then. Theres a few banned players in China to get it up and going.

Been a bit quiet on that in the last few years, hasn't he?

Further proof that alot of what he says carrries little thought and conviction.

Postby SnookerEd25

mantorok wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:Ronnies breakaway tour might happen then. Theres a few banned players in China to get it up and going.

Oh cut some slack. Respect the most prolific poster on this two bit forum :no:

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:
mantorok wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Oh cut some slack. Respect the most prolific poster on this two bit forum :no:

rofl rofl rofl

Postby carayip

TheRocket wrote:If he is a money hungry guy then thats not a good attribute but he wouldnt be the first sportsman or Snooker player who is like that. And I'm not sure whether we can blame a sportsman for trying to make as much as money as possible.

But I can only speak for myself here of course and for me hes become my favourite Snooker player solely for the player he is on the table. Off the table or what he is a person I can't judge because I don't know him. But some of the comments he makes after matches are obviously nonsense for which he deserves to be criticized.

While I myself don’t really look up to sportsmen or celebrities for what they do outside of their work, it’s still somewhat disappointing to know that the greatest player of this sport is such a poor representative of his own sport than other goats do to their sports. You don’t really find many examples of Tiger Woods openly hating on golf or Federer hating on tennis, do you?

Postby SnookerEd25

Holden Chinaski wrote:To be fair, we all know Womble is a hammer so maybe that's why Ronnie wasn't nice to him. Still doesn't explain why Ronnie was nice to SnookerFan though :chin:

Fear? SF got a rep. …

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:To be fair, we all know Womble is a hammer so maybe that's why Ronnie wasn't nice to him. Still doesn't explain why Ronnie was nice to SnookerFan though :chin:

Fear? SF got a rep. …

Good point. Nobody wants to mess with the Croydon Kingpin.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:

Fear? SF got a rep. …

I'm from Croydon. Ronnie didn't mess.