Post a reply

Pots and Potshots: Guardian feature

Postby Dan-cat

'over a few otherwise unremarkable soot-grey January days, the most compelling man in British sport gave yet another masterclass in controlling the narrative as well as the cue ball.

The seven-time world champion’s needling of authorities makes a difference and other sports could learn from his example'

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2024/ ... tish-sport

Re: Pots and Potshots: Guardian feature

Postby eraserhead

“Fewer events are now played at leisure centres, because after O’Sullivan’s numerous comments about the K2 – which included how Peter Ebdon had been shouted at for walking too loudly by a “really angry” bowls player after his match“

:lol:

Postby Holden Chinaski

eraserhead wrote:“Fewer events are now played at leisure centres, because after O’Sullivan’s numerous comments about the K2 – which included how Peter Ebdon had been shouted at for walking too loudly by a “really angry” bowls player after his match“

rofl

Postby SnookerFan

eraserhead wrote:“Fewer events are now played at leisure centres, because after O’Sullivan’s numerous comments about the K2 – which included how Peter Ebdon had been shouted at for walking too loudly by a “really angry” bowls player after his match“

A lot of Ronnie's criticisms about the K2 were unjustified. It was untidy, or smelly, or any of those things he complained about.

It wasn't really within walking distance of anything. The first time I went I found a pub about five ten minutes way, which was fine for a drink and something to eat, and there was a B&B by it if you needed somewhere to stay and got in quick. But, it was outside of Crawley main and not super-friendly for people who weren't driving.

Other than that, a perfectly fine venue. And the; "there not being much near it" applies to a lot of venues nowadays anyway.

Postby eraserhead

SnookerFan wrote:

A lot of Ronnie's criticisms about the K2 were unjustified. It was untidy, or smelly, or any of those things he complained about.

It wasn't really within walking distance of anything. The first time I went I found a pub about five ten minutes way, which was fine for a drink and something to eat, and there was a B&B by it if you needed somewhere to stay and got in quick. But, it was outside of Crawley main and not super-friendly for people who weren't driving.

Other than that, a perfectly fine venue. And the; "there not being much near it" applies to a lot of venues nowadays anyway.

As long as the bowls story is true that’s all I need.

Postby SnookerFan

eraserhead wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

As long as the bowls story is true that’s all I need.

I have a feeling that it is.

I base that solely on nothing other than I've heard the same story before.