Post a reply

Re: Needle

Postby Ash147

Poor Mark Joyce. I wonder if it's true?

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:'Even his own mum doesn't like him'

Hehehehe

That was just Mark Allen being a idiot, in my opinion.

Postby Erza Scarlet

A bit of needle is good for sport. I'm liking the Judd vs Kyren one. Gives fans more anticipation and hype plus it's a young rivalry in the making. Judd vs Kyren is the most hyped match for the Masters since the draw came out.

Ronnie vs Higgins has mellowed out but I can't remember if there was ever any needle, it was just a big rivalry. Ronnie vs Selby don't meet each other regulary for one but it gets the top billing whenever it does. Ronnie vs Murphy has mellowed out too but Ronnie still thoroughly enjoys battering him.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Erza Scarlet wrote:A bit of needle is good for sport. I'm liking the Judd vs Kyren one. Gives fans more anticipation and hype plus it's a young rivalry in the making. Judd vs Kyren is the most hyped match for the Masters since the draw came out.

Ronnie vs Higgins has mellowed out but I can't remember if there was ever any needle, it was just a big rivalry. Ronnie vs Selby don't meet each other regulary for one but it gets the top billing whenever it does. Ronnie vs Murphy has mellowed out too but Ronnie still thoroughly enjoys battering him.

Come on Judd. Time to bring Wilson down a peg or two. You said your the better player. I think you are. Lets show it. NAUGHTY SNOOKER.

Postby The_Abbott

I saw a horror film called Needle once. I think Ali Carter was in it.

Postby Erza Scarlet

Chalk McHugh wrote:Come on Judd. Time to bring Wilson down a peg or two. You said your the better player. I think you are. Lets show it. NAUGHTY SNOOKER.

Oh Judd is the better player. Kyren's the one who needs to catchup. <ok>

Judd gets a lot of flack for not winning more and rightfully so given the hype from 2011 and his talent but he's still far and above Kyren in achievements, competition and peak play.

Postby TheRocket

Judd's certainly ahead of Kyren but both have in common they havent won the World title yet.

Should Kyren win the world title before Judd does or even worse from Judds point view, win a World title while Judd doesnt it would make things look very different. Even though Judd would have still won more rankers.

Postby Erza Scarlet

I wouldn't put Kyren ahead of Judd if Kyren won the Worlds, in the same manner people don't put Bingham above Judd or Ding even though he's won the WC. Different case if Kyren adds more to his WC title and pads his career out. Kyren's only won 1 proper ranking title so far.

Postby Dan-cat

Erza Scarlet wrote:I wouldn't put Kyren ahead of Judd if Kyren won the Worlds, in the same manner people don't put Bingham above Judd or Ding even though he's won the WC. Different case if Kyren adds more to his WC title and pads his career out. Kyren's only won 1 proper ranking title so far.

Vodkadiet does.

1 > 0

Postby Erza Scarlet

Dan-cat wrote:Vodkadiet does.

1 > 0

A needle in a haystack's opinion isn't relevant anyway.

By his logic Matthew Selt would be GOAT if Selt won 8 world titles and nothing else.

Postby rekoons

While watching some youtube snooker videos I randomly arrived at the 1997 second round match between Ronnie and Darren Morgan, whom I didn't know a lot about.

So after some googling it turns out there's a bit of animosity between Morgan and Mark Williams over a wildcard for the 2018 Welsh open which Morgan received over Jackson Page by beating him in the final of another tournament.

According to Morgan, Williams is a joke and a cyberbully.

https://www.balls.ie/snooker/mark-willi ... -cc-384193
https://www.bbc.com/sport/snooker/44004662

Also found this clip from some Masters where Morgan beats Ebdon and performs a victory dance right in front of Peter, who was was around that time also known for his celebrations. Morgan seemed to be doing it with the sole purpose of 'in your face!' whereas I think Peter's celebrations were not intended to irritate opponents.

see from 0:20 sec.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmNiqRa7Eb4

Postby Iranu

Yeah, Morgan’s a idiot.

Postby LDS

Iranu wrote:Yeah, Morgan’s a idiot.

Yeah.

I can understand it though. There was a debate about whether snooker should encourage these more aggressive forms of celebrations. Whether Ebdon was bringing in a cringe factor not befitting a sport for gentlemen.

Unfortunately, Morgan's contribution to the debate was actually much more cringe by a huge margin than the sincere cringe of Ebdon's celebrations.

It's quite a common cringe-on-cringe scenario though, the "how do you like it" over-exaggerated response born of too much pent-up unvented frustration.

Postby Acé

Is Morgan the guy who went to court because Ronnie was playing left handed or something? or was that someone else?

Postby Andre147

Acé wrote:Is Morgan the guy who went to court because Ronnie was playing left handed or something? or was that someone else?

That was Alain Robidoux

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

I think Morgan had a row with Prince Naseem Hamed during the 90's.

Postby mack501

What happened with Ronnie and Darren Morgan?