Post a reply

Re: Bazza's annual press conference

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:As Ronnie said Hearn is a cross between Arthur Daley and Del Boy.

He's not far wrong.

That was a bit of a low blow I thought! Hearn is massively successful, neither of those two are.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:As Ronnie said Hearn is a cross between Arthur Daley and Del Boy.

He's not far wrong.

That was a bit of a low blow I thought! Hearn is massively successful, neither of those two are.

He kind of acts like them though.

Postby Snooker89

Where did hearn mention this as this is the first i have heard of this. They one new one i heard they were looking into before was the middle east

Cloud Strife wrote:What happened to all the potential events in USA, Russia, Japan and France that Hearn was looking into? Where were all the game-changing announcements?

Instead we get some crap about a 147 prize which even Superman couldn't win.

Postby Cloud Strife

Hearn didn't mention anything specific but he has said in the past that he hopes to one day take snooker to those countries.

Postby Snooker89

That was very funny from Ronnie and his criticism of Hearn is entertaining. The thing is snooker is paying the price today for the wasting of the Golden position it had in the 80s and 90's Wimbledon for example i think has over twice the amount of prize money for that event alone than the whole snooker tour. Thats how far away it is from the real world of sport.

Postby Cloud Strife

One thing I'm dissatisfied with is the lack of any new tournaments. There is usually one or two announced every year during these press conferences that Hearn does.

Postby Koninkaulus

Cloud Strife wrote:One thing I'm dissatisfied with is the lack of any new tournaments. There is usually one or two announced every year during these press conferences that Hearn does.

I believe he said he'll announce more stuff on Monday. He also mentioned there being "20 ranking events and 10 invitationals", so if the PHC does become an invitational, there needs to be at least one new ranker. And a couple of boring non-rankers...

Postby SnookerFan

Koninkaulus wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:When is he gonna announce the tournament calendar next year?

I got Annual Leave to plan.

It'll all be announced tomorrow.

About time.

Postby Alex0paul

SnookerFan wrote:
Morinas77 wrote:World Cup on June 24 should be the first event?

World Cup. :zzz:

It’s coming home

Postby Godot

Koninkaulus wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:When is he gonna announce the tournament calendar next year?

I got Annual Leave to plan.

It'll all be announced tomorrow.

Has it been released yet?

Postby D4P

Lemnas wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJK6OpL9MQ4

"The first round losers in the three Coral Series events will receive the relevant prize money, but that money will not count towards their ranking tally."

Hey, that was my idea...

Postby D4P

"The whole tournament schedule for the 2019/20 season will be published tomorrow. We’re aiming at 20 ranking events plus a range of invitational events, with total prize money estimated at £15 million."

Postby Lemnas

- Hearn has backed down on AST, no direct punishment for being over 30 seconds in a match.

- breaks between frames will be monitored similar to the AST and might be limited in the future
- High Break prizes will increase to make up for the (impossible) 147 pool, no difference between non-TV and TV stages
- Asian Q School during next season
- top 32 instead of top 16 seeded for the Home Nations (I like that a lot)
- 100k bonus for the player who wins the most prize money in the Coral series

Postby SteveJJ

Lemnas wrote:

- Hearn has backed down on AST, no direct punishment for being over 30 seconds in a match.

- breaks between frames will be monitored similar to the AST and might be limited in the future
- High Break prizes will increase to make up for the (impossible) 147 pool, no difference between non-TV and TV stages
- Asian Q School during next season
- top 32 instead of top 16 seeded for the Home Nations (I like that a lot)
- 100k bonus for the player who wins the most prize money in the Coral series

I wouldn't say hes backed down on AST, but that at the moment it is less of an issue than last year what with fewer players above 30 seconds for the season. He said it will be monitored by refs of those who are still an issue. Whether that will embolden refs to use their existing powers remains to be seen.

I'm surprised he didn't crow that the improvement wasnt down to his threats. He did seem quite conciliatory towards the players, thanking them on a few occasions.

Oh and front row Brian and the rest will be entertained with some form of exhibition if it finishes quickly this evening.

Postby Cloud Strife

SteveJJ wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:A press conference about nothing.

Save for the things it was about

Which wasn't much of anything anyway.

Postby SteveJJ

Cloud Strife wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:

What were you realistically expecting?

Postby Cloud Strife

SteveJJ wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:

What were you realistically expecting?

More than what we got.