Post a reply

Re: 19.com To Sponsor Trio Of Snooker’s Home Nations Events

Postby SnookerFan

Ash147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:So, they're not sponsoring the Welsh Open this season, but they are next season?

I think ManBetX still have the contract for this season.

Seems weird that they have different sponsors, considering World Snooker try to lord it that there's some kind of connection between these tournaments.

Postby Ash147

SnookerFan wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:So, they're not sponsoring the Welsh Open this season, but they are next season?

I think ManBetX still have the contract for this season.

Seems weird that they have different sponsors, considering World Snooker try to lord it that there's some kind of connection between these tournaments.

Next season the Home Nations will all be sponsored by 19.com. Then you'll have all of the ITV events sponsored by Coral. It would be nice if they managed to get all the Triple Crown events under one sponsor too. It certainly helps to make the events feel like they're connected.

Postby Iranu

I wouldn’t want the TC events to feel any more connected than they currently are, actually.

I’d much rather they have their own distinct ‘personalities’. Which sadly the UK no longer has.

Postby Ash147

Iranu wrote:I wouldn’t want the TC events to feel any more connected than they currently are, actually.

I’d much rather they have their own distinct ‘personalities’. Which sadly the UK no longer has.

If they returned the UK to it's old format, that would be a big step in re-establishing it as one of the majors.

Postby Iranu

Ash147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:I wouldn’t want the TC events to feel any more connected than they currently are, actually.

If they returned the UK to it's old format, that would be a big step in re-establishing it as one of the majors.

Honestly at this point I’d settle for the semis being bo17 in the short term, even that would help.

Postby Ash147

Iranu wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

Honestly at this point I’d settle for the semis being bo17 in the short term, even that would help.

That's how it was in 2011, 2012 and 2013, before they full bastardised it in 2014.