Post a reply

Re: Joe Swail retires

Postby SnookerFan

Probably for the best.

Nice guy, but I don't remember when the last time I saw him play. When did he last have a tournament run?

He's done alright for himself in the sport, hope he enjoys retirement.

Incidentally, I didn't know he was partially deaf.

Postby SnookerFan

Was the Welsh Open final mentioned, the one where that cretin came up to Ali Carter and goes; "Tell us about your pilots license, Ali"?

rofl

Postby Badsnookerplayer

SnookerFan wrote:Was the Welsh Open final mentioned, the one where that cretin came up to Ali Carter and goes; "Tell us about your pilots license, Ali"?

rofl
Don't know that - what occurred??

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Was the Welsh Open final mentioned, the one where that cretin came up to Ali Carter and goes; "Tell us about your pilots license, Ali"?

rofl

When Ali won the title, the interviewer guy came out. I forget his name. Anyway, he's come out and he's said to Ali; "I hear you're a licensed pilot, tell us about that?"

Ali just said, "I'd rather talk about winning my first ranking event..." rofl

Postby Ash147

Good decision. He was a very good player in his day, but t's right that he should call it quits now. I just wish Jimmy and some of the others would follow suit.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

SnookerFan wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

rofl

When Ali won the title, the interviewer guy came out. I forget his name. Anyway, he's come out and he's said to Ali; "I hear you're a licensed pilot, tell us about that?"

Ali just said, "I'd rather talk about winning my first ranking event..." rofl

<doh>

Postby Alex0paul

One of my absolute favourite players of all time.

Will never forget his legendary Crucible comebacks

Postby TheSaviour

Wow, that´s news.

Wasn´t anywhere near the player he used to be, need to be admit.

I was Just hoping until the end that he could learn from Gerard Greene, who has gone from strenght to strenght a few years now. And basically is rather (very) similar player than Joe Swail, I reckon.

And so now the inevitable has once again happened and so a time to take an another "food trip" down to Andalucia!
Sherry.
Gazpacho. This tasty cold soup of pulped tomatoes and garlic, is served all over Andalucia, but some regions have their own versions.
Tropical fruits grown on the coast of Granada include avocados and mangoes.

407-415 Germanic tribes, including the vandals, occupy Spain; Visigoths take over most of the Peninsula at the behest of the crumbling Roman Empire.
King Roderick, the last Visigoth King, massed a large army and launched a frontal attack on the Muslims, now reinforced. The King fought bravely, but the flanks of his army, treacherously turned tail. Roderick was either killed or took flight, never to reappear.

Ecija. Some 56 kilometres east of Seville. Unlike most Andalusian towns, it sits in a valley bowl rather than on a hill, and therefore has no summer breeze to relieve the heat. The town hall promotes Ecija as "the city of sun and towers". However, it is better known as ´the frying pan of Spain´ on account of its relentless summer heat.

Gibraltar: The Rock and a Hard Place.
In 1701 war broke out between Spain and France on the one side and Austria on the other, supported by Britain, Holland and Portugal. In 1704 the allies decided to open a new front by seizing Gibraltar. The Spanish garrison was hopelessly outnumbered and outgunned by an AngloDutch fleet, and after a siege of only three days the governor surrendered.
The arguments over Gibraltar rumbles on, with Spaniards resenting the presence of foreign enclave on Spanish soil.

So have a nice possible trip, Joe Swail now! You probably knew all this already, but a brief factual further information never does any harm!

Postby Cloud Strife

I wish Joe all the best for his retirement and with his illness.

I read he has Tinnitus which is a horrible condition to have to deal with, only those that suffer from it will truly understand. I imagine being partially deaf will make it seem even worse. He has my sympathy.