Post a reply

Re: Indian Open postponed

Postby Ck147

lhpirnie wrote:I'm sure I'm in a minority, but I think India would be a very good development region for snooker. Certainly economically, and with a huge population. Obviously, there are currently security concerns and some organisational difficulties. But I do think all efforts should be made to keep India in the picture. Of course, what they really need is a top player like a Wattana or Ding.

Would need some work, been there a few times over the last few years and doesn't seem that popular - even though it was invented over there by some Brits - maybe that's why? Forgetting the colonial past and all that? Struggled to even find a pool table in most places I went except "western" hotels. Like Wattana/Ding, needs some Indian player to suddenly come from nowhere, do really well and popularise it over there. It can happen, but may take some time.

Postby HustleKing

lhpirnie wrote:I'm sure I'm in a minority, but I think India would be a very good development region for snooker. Certainly economically, and with a huge population. Obviously, there are currently security concerns and some organisational difficulties. But I do think all efforts should be made to keep India in the picture. Of course, what they really need is a top player like a Wattana or Ding.

I can agree with that, we need Indian men spending more time on the table and less on the bed :roll:

Postby HappyCamper

Isn't carom billiards the most popular cue sport in India?

Having the Indian open move about the country or get postponed due to the floods in the last few years probably hasn't helped with establishing the tournament there.