Post a reply

Re: Should we abolish player's wearing wasictoasts and trous

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Sewn-in underwear should be mandatory.

When I went to my cousin's wedding, a bunch us family members were staying in a cottage type thing. My parents left the reception about midnight. I came with them.

But sat up for a bit with the telly. Changed out of my suit, put my sewn-in jogging bottoms on. When I went to bed, I brought my suit up which I'd left scrunched up on the floor after changing. But accidentally forgot that I'd taken my underwear off as the jogging bottoms hadn't needed them.

The next day my aunt found a pair of my pants on the living room floor.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Sewn-in underwear should be mandatory.

When I went to my cousin's wedding, a bunch us family members were staying in a cottage type thing. My parents left the reception about midnight. I came with them.

But sat up for a bit with the telly. Changed out of my suit, put my sewn-in jogging bottoms on. When I went to bed, I brought my suit up which I'd left scrunched up on the floor after changing. But accidentally forgot that I'd taken my underwear off as the jogging bottoms hadn't needed them.

The next day my aunt found a pair of my pants on the living room floor.

Ryan Day?

Postby Johnny Bravo

SnookerFan wrote:This whole fotballshirtgate has got me thinking. Is it necessary that players wear waistcoats and trousers? It can't be comfortable to play, and it doesn't really add anything to the sport.

Why not let the players wear something more comfortable? I'm not saying there should be no dress code. But why not let the players wear something less restrictive? I can't believe playing dressed in wasictoasts and trousers aids you in a game where you have to bend and stretch.

Also, in a game that we are often told is dull, I can't imagine guys walking out in penguin suits helps. It makes the players look stuffy. We're already told there's no characters in the games. Why dress them in costumes that only really appeal to the grandmas?

Hell yes, get rid of them. :wave:
Like u said, snooker players look like penguins. <doh>

They should adopt the dress code from the Shootout on all the events. Polo shirts and smart pants is the way to go. :dance2:
To make things more interesting, the shirts can only be in the colors of the snooker balls and only the highest ranked players should be allowed to wear high value colors. Also, no stupid sponsor logos would be allowed on the t-shirts.

Here's how it would look like:
- numpties (players outside the top 32) would wear white t-shirts;
- players ranked 32 to 16 could wear low value colors, meaning yellow to brown. That's 4 yellow t-shirts, 4 green ones and 4 brown ones
- top 16 players would wear high value colors, meaning blue, pink and black.
- ROS would wear the red polo t-shirt (there will be only 1 red shirt) since he's the GOAT. :win:

Postby Johnny Bravo

Holden Chinaski wrote:Image

pmsl rofl

That's certainly not what I meant. They look like they're together, it's very weird. Either the pothographer was gay, either he was making fun of them, there's no other way to explain the silly way they're dressed and how they were positioned for this photo :|

Postby Johnny Bravo

Iranu wrote:Sarcasm or no, polo shirts and smart trousers is a bucking horrendous combination.

Why is that ? What do u people have against polo shirts ? :? They look very nice, they are elegant and they also allow players to be comfortable and play.

And I wasn't being sarcastic, SF. I reckon having players use certain color shirts would bring more spark into the game and make it more appealing for the crowd. Also, people would distinguish/know the better players from the ordinary ones due to the shirts colors. <ok>

Postby Iranu

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Iranu wrote:Sarcasm or no, polo shirts and smart trousers is a bucking horrendous combination.

Why is that ? What do u people have against polo shirts ? :? They look very nice, they are elegant and they also allow players to be comfortable and play.

And I wasn't being sarcastic, SF. I reckon having players use certain color shirts would bring more spark into the game and make it more appealing for the crowd. Also, people would distinguish/know the better players from the ordinary ones due to the shirts colors. <ok>

I have no problem with polo shirts. I also have no problem with smart trousers.

But the two together is just an ugly sight. Polos and jeans would look nicer.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Iranu wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

I have no problem with polo shirts. I also have no problem with smart trousers.

But the two together is just an ugly sight. Polos and jeans would look nicer.

That would also work as long as the jeans are smart/elegant, meaning one color tone and no shreds/cuts on them

Postby Iranu

Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:She an actress or something?

You have never watched Angel, Dollhouse, Gifted, Alias, Person of Interest then.

I have not.

Me neither.

Dollhouse, Angel and Person of Interest are all really excellent series (Person of Interest and Angel are my second and third favourite shows ever). Alias is pretty dated and The Gifted isn't that great.

:hatoff: Abbott. This is the most respect I've ever had for a religious figure.

Postby The_Abbott

Iranu wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:She an actress or something?

You have never watched Angel, Dollhouse, Gifted, Alias, Person of Interest then.

I have not.

Me neither.

The Gifted aside, they are all really excellent series (Person of Interest and Angel are my second and third favourite shows ever).

:hatoff: Abbott. This is the most respect I've ever had for a religious figure

Agree - the Gifted she is really annoying in too. In fact the whole family is annoying.

Person of Interest is a really good show as is Alias and Angel. Dollhouse was just weird but some good ideas in there.