Post a reply

Best and worst exhibitions

Postby Tonsgalore

With the exhibition scene taking off in a big way over the past few years who has been the best or worst person you’ve been to see overall?

Re: Best and worst exhibitions

Postby SnookerFan

I saw Alex Higgins in an exhibition against Jimmy White not long before Alex died.

I'd go with Alex being a mixture of the best and the worst. Best because I can officially say I saw Alex Higgins, and got his autograph afterwards. Worst because he looked so frail, so ill. So unsure of what was going on.

Jimmy had a couple of frames where he broke off and left the cue ball in amongst the reds. You could tell he was doing it on purpose to give Alex a chance. Alex had the balls spread nicely several times, and would only make a break of about 40. Seemed sad somehow.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

I saw Ken Doherty & Jimmy White on my 18th birthday in 2003. White was good enough at the start but as it went on he got lazier and lazier. By the end it was clear he was dying to get to the bar. My brother was a big White fan but went off him after that.

Postby SnookerFan

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:I saw Ken Doherty & Jimmy White on my 18th birthday in 2003. White was good enough at the start but as it went on he got lazier and lazier. By the end it was clear he was dying to get to the bar. My brother was a big White fan but went off him after that.

When I saw Jimmy and Alex, they were getting drinks from the bar delivered to their chair.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

SnookerFan wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:I saw Ken Doherty & Jimmy White on my 18th birthday in 2003. White was good enough at the start but as it went on he got lazier and lazier. By the end it was clear he was dying to get to the bar. My brother was a big White fan but went off him after that.

When I saw Jimmy and Alex, they were getting drinks from the bar delivered to their chair.

They should have done that at my one.

Postby eraserhead

I saw Ronnie and Judd in that shot clock series they did. Enjoyed it but never got invested in the match as the result didn't really matter. It was the last one. Judd won tied the series and then Ronnie won overall because he made more tons.

Postby Dan-cat

eraserhead wrote:I saw Ronnie and Judd in that shot clock series they did. Enjoyed it but never got invested in the match as the result didn't really matter. It was the last one. Judd won tied the series and then Ronnie won overall because he made more tons.

Eh? That last bit doesn't make sense.

Postby eraserhead

Dan-cat wrote:
eraserhead wrote:I saw Ronnie and Judd in that shot clock series they did. Enjoyed it but never got invested in the match as the result didn't really matter. It was the last one. Judd won tied the series and then Ronnie won overall because he made more tons.

don't know how many they did but the match I went to was the last. Judd won the match. So then they where even on match wins for the series. Ronnie won the series because the tie breaker was most centuries made.

Postby Prop

Best - Dennis Taylor. Funny and engaging.

Worst - Jimmy White. Miserable and deadpan.

Postby Dan-cat

eraserhead wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

don't know how many they did but the match I went to was the last. Judd won the match. So then they where even on match wins for the series. Ronnie won the series because the tie breaker was most centuries made.

Got you. It makes perfect sense...i didn't see the word 'tied'

Supposed to have been winner takes all but doubt that happened they'd have split the dough.

Postby Alex0paul

I saw Andy Hicks in exhibition once. Make up your own mind if it was the best or worst

Postby TheSaviour

I don´t know if Rod Lawler does any. I reckon he is either using drugs or is having a cancer.

Postby SnookerFan

TheSaviour wrote:I don´t know if Rod Lawler does any. I reckon he is either using drugs or is having a cancer.

bucking hell, Saviour....

Postby Wildey

Tonsgalore wrote:With the exhibition scene taking off in a big way over the past few years who has been the best or worst person you’ve been to see overall?

The Exhibition Scene taking off lol

Exhibition Scene is dead compared to the 70s even the 80s.

The Worst Exhibition i went to was in 1985 Cliff Wilson v Tony Knowles the table was on a stage some people in the front was bellow table level.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:The Worst Exhibition i went to was in 1985 Cliff Wilson v Tony Knowles the table was on a stage some people in the front was bellow table level.

rofl

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:The Worst Exhibition i went to was in 1985 Cliff Wilson v Tony Knowles the table was on a stage some people in the front was bellow table level.

rofl

That made me laugh too. rofl

Postby Iranu

I’ve seen Kyren and Jimmy in exhibitions.

Both were pretty good. Jimmy had Virgo with him as a sort of commentator/compere who’s pretty great in that sort of arena.

Kyren was a last minute substitution for Mark Allen who cancelled because hw was moving house :roll: . He made a maxi which was pretty cool and Barry Stark was a laugh.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Just like the first Power Snooker.

Postby Wildey

Best Exhibition ive been to was in 1995 Jimmy White vs Alex Higgins also there that night Tony Knowles and Steve James.

It was electrick Jimmy Beat Alex 5-4 and you could cut the atmosphere with a knife there was always a air of danger when Alex was playing and that night you could really feel it boiling within him.

Postby Tonsgalore

I’m not trying to compare it to the 70’s and 80’s but over the past few years more and more exhibitions are happening. It’s always been big but I’ve seen a real resurgence over the last few years. Probably down to the astronomical fees they charge.

Wildey wrote:
Tonsgalore wrote:With the exhibition scene taking off in a big way over the past few years who has been the best or worst person you’ve been to see overall?

The Exhibition Scene taking off lol

Exhibition Scene is dead compared to the 70s even the 80s.

Postby Prop

TheSaviour wrote:I don´t know if Rod Lawler does any. I reckon he is either using drugs or is having a cancer.

Say WHAT?!

*Nominated for post of the year.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Prop wrote:

Say WHAT?!

*Nominated for post of the year.

Don't worry - Saviour is out of his mind.

Postby motorhead

Ng vs M.White a couple of years ago in Las Vegas, can't remember what sponsor they were promoting for the occasion but it was well attended, in the thousands, and overall a good BO9 match.