Post a reply

Re: Ronnie O'Sullivan on Covid-19 fears

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:I'm talking facts buck all to do with conspiracy theory mate.

Infection in Britain came down without masks being compulsory since masks been made compulsory they have gone up massively.

That has absolutely zero to do with masks, it has to do with people being more relaxed, not being so responsible towards others and themselves.

Postby Wildey

HustleKing wrote:
Wildey wrote:I'm talking facts buck all to do with conspiracy theory mate.

Infection in Britain came down without masks being compulsory since masks been made compulsory they have gone up massively.

That could also be linked to people becoming more complacent, relaxed or fed up of the guidelines though (such as in Swansea University recently)? I doubt it could be correlated directly, or strongly, to differences in mask wearing

People in shop cant hear each other through the muted voice with covering gets closer to each other and takes masks off i saw that 3 times this morning in the 10 minutes i was actually in the shop.

Then you got people constantly re adjusting them ie touching face 3 or 4 times in a 15-minute period.

then a phone goes a woman with a child last week took it off to talk for a good 5 minutes.

the list goes on.

People are focusing too much on Masks governments are pushing mask wearing more than the real winner Wash Hands and Socially distancing that's all you need to know extra bloody rules just muddles everything up.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:So to prove that masks aren't containing the virus, you cite that people are taking them off a lot?

No im just pointing out other things that's happening as well. so even people that thinks they're keeping everyone safe isnt.

Look at the WHO instruction on mask wearing and go to a shop and point out everyone that's not complying and following guidance in a 30-minute visit. but they wearing masks.

This is torture for me and what's worst there's no benefit to it at all. so 6 months covering faces 2 years and see how pointless it would have been.

Postby mantorok

Wildey wrote:Infection in Britain came down without masks being compulsory since masks been made compulsory they have gone up massively.

No, they went up massively since people went back to the office, kids went back to school, pubs re-opened, people thinking it was all over and relaxing and half the bucking country came to Cornwall for a holiday.

It also went down in the first place due to the lockdown when the only visit you could make was for essential shopping or work.

This is an embarrassing conversation to be having to be honest, if wearing a mask means potentially saving a life then what in Gods name would possess someone to refuse unless they couldn't for health reasons? And yes, wearing a mask reduces the chances of spreading it.

Postby Iranu

Wild, you’re embarrassing yourself.

Read the links I provided. I can send you another dozen if necessary.

Postby SnookerFan

Scooper wrote:The best way to avoid embarrassing oneself on twitter is to not go on twitter

You could say that about anything.

The best way to avoid embarrassing oneself at work, is to not go to work.

The best way to avoid embarrassing oneself when visiting your family, is not visit family.

The best way to avoid embarrassing oneself in your living room, is to not go into your living room.

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:
Scooper wrote:The best way to avoid embarrassing oneself on twitter is to not go on twitter

The best way to avoid embarrassing oneself when visiting your family, is not visit family.

The best way to avoid embarrassing oneself in your living room, is to not go into your living room.

SnookerFan : a Confucius for the 21st Century <ok>

Postby chengdufan

SnookerFan wrote:

I wish you had passed on this sage advice before I decided to enter the Snooker Island World Championship.

Postby Andre147

Once again, Wild simply refuses to understand...

People taking their masks off, not social distancing, readjusting their masks... what has that anything to do with masks not protecting us?

Zero! It has to do with the people not being responsible enough. I never do those things, am very careful and so far haven't caught the virus. I know full well if masks weren't mandatory in my country the virus cases would grow up massively.

We have to do everything we can to avoid this damn virus, and this includes washing your hands and/or using sanitisers, social distancing from each other AND wear masks when necessary.

Postby Wildey

Scientists are undecided with the effectivity of masks we all chose to believe what we want to believe at the end of the day there is no proof and all studies are inconclusive one day proof will come and ill say i told you so.

Postby chengdufan

Wildey wrote:Scientists are undecided with the effectivity of masks we all chose to believe what we want to believe at the end of the day there is no proof and all studies are inconclusive one day proof will come and ill say i told you so.

I've had to do a lot of reading on this as part of my job, and the scientific consensus is already very clear.

If someone has a virus and wears a mask, it significantly reduces the chance of them transferring the virus to others.

If someone wears a mask and doesn't have a virus, they are at an increased risk of contracting one.
This only applies of course if someone doesn't follow the correct protocol in wearing the mask.

The benefits of mask wearing by all when in public places significantly outweigh the drawbacks.

Postby mantorok

Wildey wrote:Scientists are undecided with the effectivity of masks we all chose to believe what we want to believe at the end of the day there is no proof and all studies are inconclusive one day proof will come and ill say i told you so.

Sorry but you dont need to be a scientist to know that particles released from your mouth will cover a smaller area when you wear a mask, if that wasn't the case your glasses wouldn't steam up and you wouldn't smell your breath.

Postby Iranu

Mate you’re sounding like Peter Ebdon. Just think about that.

You said there was no evidence masks work. I sent you evidence. Evidence and proof are not the same thing. What you meant by “there is no evidence” was “I don’t believe the evidence.”

You’d rather we ignore something that probably helps just because it doesn’t definitely, 100% irrefutably help? How remarkably selfish and arrogant of you.

Postby Wildey

That is from mid July so it would seem the whole population is in the middle of a massive experiment to see if Masks Work or not.

One of them pointed out you need a pandemic to test these things out.

And that is where we are with the use of masks.

Postby Holden Chinaski

I think people in Asia are used to wearing masks in public when they are sick or when there's a flue about? I've seen Asian tourists in Belgium wearing mouth masks lots of times long before the COVID pandemic. So I don't think this is the first time these things are tested.