Poll ended at 29 Nov 2020

Ronnie O'Sullivan
88%
Paul Hunter
13%

Total votes : 24

ATWSC Group G: Ronnie O'Sullivan v Paul Hunter

Postby Pink Ball

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Paul Hunter (Best of 20 frames)
Group: G
Date: November 28
Match: Three of six
Match day: Two of three
Venue: Wembley Conference Centre, London, United Kingdom

Vote for which of the two players you think was greater. Vote honestly, and leave your bias out of it. Don’t vote for a player just because you like them, don’t vote against a player just because you dislike them.

Consider the table conditions to be whatever conditions would have the least impact on the result.

You can use your own personal criteria for measuring greatness once it’s free of any bias towards/against (delete as applicable) players you like/dislike (delete as applicable).
Last edited by Pink Ball on 28 Nov 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Re: ATWSC Group G: Ronnie O'Sullivan v Paul Hunter

Postby Ck147

Pink Ball wrote:O'Sullivan wins by 11 frames to 2.

What? You're kidding right? I think we need some sort of debate on this, Hunter was more than capable of beating Ronnie and he did so on multiple occasions.

Postby Ck147

Pink Ball wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

What? You're kidding right? I think we need some sort of debate on this, Hunter was more than capable of beating Ronnie and he did so on multiple occasions.

Well you had 24 hours to do that.

I missed it because of stupid work. Oh well.

Postby Andre147

Ck147 wrote:

Yes I think it's silly to suggest ROS would steamroll him in a match or that their h2h would massively favour ROS.

Sure, ROS is the greater player, but Hunter was actually one of the very few players who could match Ronnie on breakbuilding and potting match, similar to Trump. 2004 Masters Final prime example.

Postby snucar

Ridiculous to see Ronnie winning this that comfortably. Hunter was a super talent and he had also that X-factor that every snooker player craves for. He was making headlines on and off the table without having to act like a d!ck. And oh boy, how Ronnie was suffering that!

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

Yes I think it's silly to suggest ROS would steamroll him in a match or that their h2h would massively favour ROS.

Sure, ROS is the greater player, but Hunter was actually one of the very few players who could match Ronnie on breakbuilding and potting match, similar to Trump. 2004 Masters Final prime example.

This tournament’s not about who would win in an actual match, though. The matches are meant to be a representation of comparing the two players’ careers and greatness.

With that in mind there are probably only three or four players that Ronnie shouldn’t beat easily.

Postby TheRocket

Iranu wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

This tournament’s not about who would win in an actual match, though. The matches are meant to be a representation of comparing the two players’ careers and greatness.

With that in mind there are probably only three or four players that Ronnie shouldn’t beat easily.

And thats the problem about this "tournament". If its just about 'who is the greater player' then Hendry and ROS will win everytime.

But if its about who wins in an actual match then things like H2H, bad/good match up come into play and would be very interesting.

Postby Pink Ball

TheRocket wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

And thats the problem about this "tournament". If its just about 'who is the greater player' then Hendry and ROS will win everytime.

But if its about who wins in an actual match then things like H2H, bad/good match up come into play and would be very interesting.

“You can use your own personal criteria for measuring greatness once it’s free of any bias towards/against (delete as applicable) players you like/dislike (delete as applicable).”

If you want head to head to be a part of it, and you think others should too, debate it and be my guest.