Post a reply

Dilemma

Postby Running side

65 today, opened cards and pressies, one from Daughter for opening session at world's at Crucible, front row. Is it always traditional reigning world champion on first, the problem I have is not a Selby fan,in fact can't stand to watch him hence dilemma. Thoughts.

Re: Dilemma

Postby Dan-cat

An HQP (High Quality Problem)... happy birthday Runningside may you continue to furnish us with your one liners for many more years to come.

You can prob swap the sessions. Have you been before?

Postby Prop

Happy birthday, RS :-)

Postby Running side

Been many times from 78 upto 2015,live in Sheffield so no excuse really, and also been involved in the carpet and flooring fitting since 78 got lots of happy memories working behind the scenes some of them posted on here,mainly about the one and only Cliff Wilson. Tricky decision with ticket is Daughter will be expecting to see me sat in the seat she's booked, she used to work for a events booking business so no chance of fooling her, at least I've got 8 months thinking time.

Postby chengdufan

Happy birthday!

Seems you have two options.
1. Support the underdog. Enjoy the contest!
2. 'Hope' that some foul play befalls our jester and he is unable to play...

Postby Running side

I've got some joke specs somewhere could wear them and have a 4 hour nap.

Postby SnookerFan

Running side wrote:65 today, opened cards and pressies, one from Daughter for opening session at world's at Crucible, front row. Is it always traditional reigning world champion on first, the problem I have is not a Selby fan,in fact can't stand to watch him hence dilemma. Thoughts.

The World Champion always plays on Table 1 at 10:00am on the opening day. And again at 7pm.

If you're on Table 2 for either session, or are at the 2:30pm session, it'll be somebody else. (Assuming they don't suddenly change what is tradition, of course.)

Postby Dragonfly

Happy Birthday. It's a nice dilemma to have. I'd say go and enjoy it. Perhaps Selby will have opening day nerves and the qualifier will have him under pressure. I know you don't like Selby but perhaps he will make a 147.

Lots of things can happen. Also I think sitting so close to the play you get to see the subtlety and precision of the play so clearly. It's a lovely gift, go have a great day.

Postby csprince

happy birthday mr side.

Postby SnookerFan

I have been to matches live where Selby actually plays attacking, flowing, exciting snooker. Tends to be matches where his opponent doesn't put him under any pressure though.

Happy birthday, by the way.

Postby James Bentley

Running side wrote:65 today, opened cards and pressies, one from Daughter for opening session at world's at Crucible, front row. Is it always traditional reigning world champion on first, the problem I have is not a Selby fan,in fact can't stand to watch him hence dilemma. Thoughts.

Happy birthday! I'd agree with what others have said, go along and enjoy rooting for Selby's opponent if you do get his table (and who knows, he might be drawn against an on-fire qualifier with Selby himself out of match practice).

Funnily enough it's my birthday today too! I'm only 50 though. And nobody bought me any Crucible tickets.

Postby HappyCamper

I'll very generously accept your tickets if you want to get rid. I have nothing against Mr Selby.

Postby Dan-cat

Running side wrote:Been many times from 78 upto 2015,live in Sheffield so no excuse really, and also been involved in the carpet and flooring fitting since 78 got lots of happy memories working behind the scenes some of them posted on here,mainly about the one and only Cliff Wilson. Tricky decision with ticket is Daughter will be expecting to see me sat in the seat she's booked, she used to work for a events booking business so no chance of fooling her, at least I've got 8 months thinking time.

Oh yes of course I'd forgotten that!! Love those stories.

Postby Dan-cat

James Bentley wrote:
Funnily enough it's my birthday today too! I'm only 50 though. And nobody bought me any Crucible tickets.

Happy birthday James :hatoff:

Postby James Bentley

Dan-cat wrote:
James Bentley wrote:

Thanks, man!

Are you going to buy me some Crucible tickets?

Postby Prop

James Bentley wrote:

Happy birthday! I'd agree with what others have said, go along and enjoy rooting for Selby's opponent if you do get his table (and who knows, he might be drawn against an on-fire qualifier with Selby himself out of match practice).

Happy birthday James! :-) Enjoy your day, what ever you’re doing :hatoff:

Postby Dan-cat

James Bentley wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
James Bentley wrote:

Thanks, man!

Are you going to buy me some Crucible tickets?

We'll have a whip

Postby csprince

James Bentley wrote:

happy birthday mr bentley.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Runningside and James - two sterling recent additions to our SI crew :love:

They don't know about my crew.

They don't know what we do.

Postby csprince

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Runningside and James - two sterling recent additions to our SI crew :love:

drink beer and pick up lost smarties ?

Postby SnookerFan

csprince wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

drink beer and pick up lost smarties ?

Damn straight.

Postby Juddernaut88

Happy birthday James and Running side :hatoff:

Postby Running side

Thanks for the birthday messages guys, congrats to James on yours fellow yorkie. Just got in from afternoon of golf, played OK surprisingly, nett 69,hopefully might pot a 69 in tomorrow's snooker match, still expecting sleeping back to back with my wonderful wife, 2 out 3 an"t bad.

Postby The_Abbott

could be worse. On the other table its Selt V Lee Walker