Post a reply

Best player without a televised 147

Postby Dragonfly

They're all at it these days. A maximum on TV has been achieved by most top players. So I have been thinking of who hasn't done it.

There are some notables from the past. Alex Higgins, Terry Griffiths spring to mind. Of course there are many from previous eras who never made the achievement. So I'm kinda thinking from the 90s on when 147 became more regular on TV.

Re: Best player without a televised 147

Postby Prop

Good question. I’m going to say Paul Hunter. I seem to remember him making a 146. Sadly we never saw what his full potential was.

Postby RunningSide

Prop wrote:Good question. I’m going to say Paul Hunter. I seem to remember him making a 146. Sadly we never saw what his full potential was.

Great call, imagine Paul would still be a top 16 player.

Postby SnookerEd25

What I find amazing, Steve Davis made the first televised professional 147 in 1982, but despite being an active pro’ for the next 30+ years, never made another. Bizarre.

Postby Andre147

SnookerEd25 wrote:What I find amazing, Steve Davis made the first televised professional 147 in 1982, but despite being an active pro’ for the next 30+ years, never made another. Bizarre.

Yeah as good a breakbuilder as he was in his prime, he only made one. But at least he can claim he made the first televised 147.

Postby mick745

It depends how you classify "televised". If i record it on my mobile phone and upload it onto youtube a recording exists just not recorded by a television company.

Postby Andre147

mick745 wrote:It depends how you classify "televised". If i record it on my mobile phone and upload it onto youtube a recording exists just not recorded by a television company.

Televised means it's broadcast by a major tv company, not your mobile phone lol

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:
mick745 wrote:It depends how you classify "televised". If i record it on my mobile phone and upload it onto youtube a recording exists just not recorded by a television company.

What if it’s only broadcast on betting sites? :chin:

Postby Dragonfly

Good call on Paul Hunter. I have no doubt Paul would have achieved 147 on TV several times if only he was still with us.

And very true about Davis. Amazing he never made another on TV after the original one considering his ability as a break builder and the thousands of frames he was involved in.

Postby Andre147

mick745 wrote:Did Ken Doherty get a televised 147?

Not on TV, only on a streamed table at the 2012 Paul Hunter Classic, but never on TV.

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

What if it’s only broadcast on betting sites? :chin:

There's a difference between televised or broadcast via stream or on betting sites. But nevertheless. it's way different to one being shown via a mobile phone lol

Postby LDS

I'm biased, but the 147 in the main event of the World's is something a cut above & then 147s in the Masters and UK, & then 147s in the televised stages of other events & then 147s in qualifying stages & then 147s generally.

There still aren't that many people who've had 147s at the main event of the World's. Only 7 different people IIRC. Which includes nearly 40 years worth of events since the first one, which is still remarkably rare, regardless of the numbers made in less stressful events.

Postby Prop

I’ve had a few 147s myself. On the PS4 game Snooker 19. And - just like centuries on ten foot tables - they didn’t count.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Prop wrote:I’ve had a few 147s myself. On the PS4 game Snooker 19. And - just like centuries on ten foot tables - they didn’t count.

My tons were all made on 12 foot tables. :mood: :irk: >-(
Last edited by Johnny Bravo on 22 Sep 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Prop

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Prop wrote:I’ve had a few 147s myself. On the PS4 game Snooker 19. And - just like centuries on ten foot tables - they didn’t count.

My tons were all made on 10 foot tables. :mood: :irk: >-(

FINALLY SOME HONESTY FROM THE KING OF bull

Postby Prop

So all those arguments, when you were absolutely adamant you played on full size tables, you’re admitting to lying?

Postby Holden Chinaski

Prop wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

<ok>

Postby Johnny Bravo

Prop wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

I MEANT TO SAY a 12 foot table, but your dumb comment was still in my head :sad:
I'll edit the original post

Postby Prop

Johnny Bravo wrote:I'll edit the original post

Don’t worry about editing anything. I think it’s a bit late. ‘The horse has already bolted’ as we say over here.

It’s cool, Johnny. You can stop trying to impress people. It doesn’t work.