Judd Trump
14%
pretty even
29%

Total votes : 21

Re: prime Hendry vs prime Trump

Postby Prop

James Bentley wrote:
Prop wrote:Right, according to Cuetracker stats, and assuming my maths is correct:

Hendry

11778 frames played
774 Centuries
1 century every 15.2 frames

Judd

8395 frames played
1 century every 10.2 frames

It is correct! If you do a Head to Head on CueTracker, this info comes up automatically (to two decimal places no less!):

https://cuetracker.net/head-to-head/ste ... judd-trump

Oh yeah <laugh> Well that’s 5 minutes of time I’ll never get back :john:

Postby Yanfan

Prop wrote:Ronnie is on 10.7

Actually Judd having the strongest century to frame rate rings a bell. Pretty sure there’s a thread on this somewhere.

We could go down a bit of a rabbit-hole with this one. Was it easier to make tons when Hendry was at his peak? Or is it easier now? It's bigger pockets Vs lighter balls and faster cloths, isn't it?

It's a difficult one, and I do not know the answer. :chin:

Postby rekoons

Prop wrote:Ronnie is on 10.7

Actually Judd having the strongest century to frame rate rings a bell. Pretty sure there’s a thread on this somewhere.

I know I digged up the % of 50+ breaks (and later the 60 of 70+ breaks as well, as they're more important than just centuries to win a frame) some time ago, but I can't find the thread back right now. I'm useless at searching the forum...

This is all I can find back: 2000 - 2020, too late for Hendry era though but look at trump only in top two at 14/15 and 19/20 season (and probably also 20/21 and 21/22 but don't know)

Postby Cazoo

I think they would have a lot of close matches, but I think Hendry would edge their head to head slightly. There would be a lot of long red and clear up sort of frames, so whoever’s long potting was better on the day would likely win.

Postby Prop

Cazoo wrote:I think they would have a lot of close matches, but I think Hendry would edge their head to head slightly. There would be a lot of long red and clear up sort of frames, so whoever’s long potting was better on the day would likely win.

Troll.

Postby Johnny Bravo

TheRocket wrote:90's Hendry vs Trump since 2019.

They would obviously meet in so many big matches. Who would have the upper hand and beat the other guy more?

Trump by far, he probably wins 70% of their matches, if not more.
Hendry simply lacks the safety and tactical game.

Postby LC

My opinion is that until the late 90s he didn’t have the level of pressure of players who could regularly beat him and not bottle it in a big final, combined with the fact he already had every record, like he mentioned today subconsciously eased off and it was all over bar a few minor rankers

Postby Johnny Bravo

LC wrote:My opinion is that until the late 90s he didn’t have the level of pressure of players who could regularly beat him and not bottle it in a big final

:hatoff: