Post a reply

Re: Let the players get snake hissed during matches again

Postby Prop

Badsnookerplayer wrote:My take on this would be that you have to down one each time you lose a frame or are called a miss.

I think that it would make post match interviews more interesting, especially in the last session of BO19s

“And what’s this? Graeme Dott is up from the shot for a third time, and… yes, he’s just feeling a little unwell at the moment. Throwing up in his seat.”

Postby James Bentley

Is there an actual rule forbidding players drinking alcohol during a match? Even if there is, I can't see how they could be stopped getting snake hissed beforehand, or frantically downing shots during the mid-session interval.

Postby mick745

I suspect there is more than one player who drinks before a match "to calm the nerves".

But younger players have a more healthy lifestyle these days, not many overweight players amongst the top players now, it fact some like Robertson are obsessive about what they consume.

I also dont think it would improve the game's image.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:Surely it would massively multiple the amount of toilet visits needed though.

Whenever you've had a few beers, you're running to the toilet every ten minutes.

Imagine trying to hold it in for an entire Selby match.

Eh, players go out almost every frame anyway.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Surely it would massively multiple the amount of toilet visits needed though.

Whenever you've had a few beers, you're running to the toilet every ten minutes.

Imagine trying to hold it in for an entire Selby match.

Eh, players go out almost every frame anyway.

Yeah, but we don't need them running out twice during each frames as well, do we? rofl