Post a reply

Re: Mardy Murphy

Postby Dan-cat

A couple of years ago Shaun Murphy and Snookerbacker (from Twitter) tried to get an amateur tour of the ground, requesting tour places for winners from WST but it came to nothing.

Postby cupotee

lhpirnie wrote:
cupotee wrote:Has any top professional snooker player ever spoken up for and positively tried to promote the amateur game ? It all seems to be eerily me me me with them , not that i’m remotely surprised , just making the point.

Generally the top players are too busy telling us how hard they work and that young players don't deserve success because they are too lazy. The reality is that the guys at the top now had a much easier time getting on tour and establishing themselves. That's one of the reasons why they are still dominating. Murphy himself actually qualified for the Masters whilst still not on the top-level pro tier.

How do you get a good amateur system in this case in england at least up and running , well funded and organised and independent of professional snooker ? i’m not just talking about with entrees like james cahill and sean harvey but providing a short track to keen amateurs everywhere , obviously its possible but it seems there’s too many hurdles and lines of communications to be crossed to make it happen , would love to see it take off though.

Postby Prop

SnookerEd25 wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:I echo Ronnie's comments. Murphy should perhaps look for another job.. I hear we need more lorry drivers Shaun.

Some of these players are ex pros and are also trying to get back on to make a living. They are more likely living in a cardboard box under a sewer rather than the palace Murphy has.

Exactly.

Perhaps Murphy had a point about amateurs in a pro’ tournament - perhaps not. But to expand by saying these players ‘don’t have a care in the world’ is staggeringly ignorant.

This smacks of a Tory MP taking away £20 a week from a Universal Credit claimant on the basis of “I suspect they don’t really need it”, whilst simultaneously submitting an expenses claim for a £20 sandwich from Fortnum & Mason.

:hmmm:

:goodpost:

Postby sundaygirl

Dan-cat wrote:Mardy Murphy is a great nickname.

Yes it is, I’m never going to refer to him as anything else from this point forwards

Postby RunningSide

sundaygirl wrote:

Yes it is, I’m never going to refer to him as anything else from this point forwards

Do I receive any Royalties.

Postby SnookerFan

RunningSide wrote:
sundaygirl wrote:

No.

Postby RunningSide

SnookerFan wrote:
RunningSide wrote:
sundaygirl wrote:

No.

Well make up your own name up then.

Postby sundaygirl

I’ve got plenty of alternatives, but they all break the rules of the forum ;D