Post a reply

Who will be the next player to win a second World title?

Judd Trump
76%
Neil Robertson
5%
Shaun Murphy
5%
Stuart Bingham
No votes
Graeme Dott
5%
other
10%

Total votes : 21

Re: Who is the next player to win their second World title?

Postby Iranu

RunningSide wrote:Give reasons for RUBBISH venue, I'll ask again have you been.must have been enough room for Robbo when he won,no problem to respect not his favourite,.

Of course he hasn’t been.

And yep, the “cramped” venue doesn’t seem to affect Robbo when he’s demolishing opponents in rounds 1 and 2 does it?

Postby badtemperedcyril

Johnny Bravo wrote:
RunningSide wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:I've always considered the Crucible a rubbish venue.

Give reasons for RUBBISH venue, I'll ask again have you been.must have been enough room for Robbo when he won,no problem to respect not his favourite,.

It's too crammed, and I don't like the arena one bit. :td:
For me, the Ricoh arena and Alexandra Palace are the best arenas.

I’ve been to the Ricoh twice, Ally Pally 5 times and the Crucible 20 times (by times I mean number of years). Personally, I think the Crucible stands out far above the others - it’s absolutely fantastic and I can’t wait to go back in April after missing the past two due to Covid. Didn’t think much to the Ricoh if I’m honest and the facilities at Ally Pally are dreadful.

Postby Cazoo

It’s got to be Judd. Robertson’s record since winning it is poor, I think in 13 years he’s only reached the one table setup once, which was the 2014 semi final. Murphy has a chance, but his record in finals there isn’t great. I’d be surprised if Bingham or Dott even reached the one table situation again.

Postby Cazoo

The_Abbott wrote:Robertson still.

Its been like 40 years since he last won. At least Judd has time on his side.

Robbo blames the tightness of teh crucible but maybe the crucible curse forgot to leave him?!

It’s a strange excuse. The crucible was exactly the same size when he won it. Does he think it has shrunk since 2010?

Postby The_Abbott

Cazoo wrote:

Robbo blames the tightness of teh crucible but maybe the crucible curse forgot to leave him?!

It’s a strange excuse. The crucible was exactly the same size when he won it. Does he think it has shrunk since 2010?

He thinks its more cramped compared to other venues but its the same size as 2010 as far as I am aware. I think he just hates the place - negative mindset sets in probably not helping in a 17 day mental marathon.

Postby Cazoo

The_Abbott wrote:
Cazoo wrote:

He thinks its more cramped compared to other venues but its the same size as 2010 as far as I am aware. I think he just hates the place - negative mindset sets in probably not helping in a 17 day mental marathon.

I think his record has always been terrible there, for someone of his ability. He’s only ever been to the one table setup three times in his whole career. That’s just not good enough. It probably took that extremely favourable draw in 2010 for him to win it at all.

Postby SnookerFan

Winning the 1983 World Title was a great achievement for Robertson.

He was only just over a year old at the time, but his potential was obvious early on.

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:

He was only just over a year old at the time, but his potential was obvious early on.

the thing was when he was one he was a lot smaller, so the crampt crucible conditions did not affect him as much. but since he has grown up...

Postby McManusFan

HappyCamper wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

the thing was when he was one he was a lot smaller, so the crampt crucible conditions did not affect him as much. but since he has grown up...

Puberty, man's greatest enemy.