Post a reply

Who will be the next player to win a second World title?

Judd Trump
76%
Neil Robertson
5%
Shaun Murphy
5%
Stuart Bingham
No votes
Graeme Dott
5%
other
10%

Total votes : 21

Who is the next player to win their second World title?

Postby TheRocket

Who will be the next player who wins the World title for a 2nd time and become a multiple World Champion? Which is a huge feat.

The usual suspects like Trump or Robertson or maybe even someone who hasnt even won his first World title yet ? In that case you can vote for the other option.

Re: Who is the next player to win their second World title?

Postby Juddernaut88

I've been a bit biased and voted for Judd. I do feel the sooner he can win a 2nd world title he could potentially win another 2 more. The longer he stays on 1 though would make things very tricky.
During the Crucible era whenever a player has won a 2nd world title (when their 1st world title was also won at the Crucible) they have gone on to win at least 1 more world title.

Postby badtemperedcyril

It’s a hurdle Trump is going to have to overcome. There have been lots of one time World Champions but not many two time champions - only Donaldson and Alex Higgins. So the odds are, Trump will either stay a one time winner, or, go onto claim 3 or more. He has age still on his side and, compared to previous era’s, relatively few World class prospects coming through.

Postby mick745

A first time winner would have to wait at least two years to win another due to the Crucible Curse.

Dont think Dott, Murphy or Bingham will win it again. Robertson always seems to dislike the venue.

Trump will surely win another?

Postby SnookerFan

Pretty certain it won't be Dott.

I'd suggest the three most likely in that list, it'll be Murphy, Judd or Robertson. As decent as Robertson in, and as good as his form can be, he has struggled at The Crucible since winning it. Murphy maybe, he at least has got to three finals since winning it without repeating his 2005 success.

Judd is known as the Tin-Pot Terminator, so you wonder. But I wouldn't put it past him.

Postby TheRocket

mick745 wrote:There is still another one time winner still playing - Ken Doherty!

oh yeah thats true. I wanted to mention all one time winners who are still playing by name. Although Kens chances to win are probably even slimmer than Dotts.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Trump is the most likely to do it.

Robbo has an amazing peak form, but that garbage crammed venue at the Crucrible doesn't allow him to walk into his shots properly.

Bingo also seems to be doing pretty well, although he's a bit old now.

Smurf I feel has missed the boat.

And Dott has ZERO chance to ever fluke another one.

Postby RunningSide

Johnny Bravo wrote:Trump is the most likely to do it.

Robbo has an amazing peak form, but that garbage crammed venue at the Crucrible doesn't allow him to walk into his shots properly.

What's with garbage cramped venue?Have you ever attended the venue, having the privilege of standing on the stage many times its bigger than it looks on TV,. Do you think because one player finds it tight we should look at alternative.

Postby Prop

The obvious choice, but it is Judd. Even if he never finds the form he did in 2019 he’s still got the game to win another.

Robbo’s got it in him, but he’d need to properly address this mental hang up he’s developed. I think what he said about there not being enough room is less of an issue than his propensity to over-think and go into Pythagorus mode.

Murphy’s got a bit more of a chance than Bingham, but they’re both probably past their peaks very slightly. Even so, if either of them happened to find some freak form and came up against players that had bad days at the office, it’s not impossible.

Dott, no.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:I know it was 16 years ago that he won it, but Murphy has made three finals since.

Perhaps not a great return, but you can't write him off winning it again.

Yeah, Murphy’s record is why I think he’s more likely to win it than Robbo. And in fairness two of the finals he’s lost have been to all-time greats.

Postby Johnny Bravo

RunningSide wrote:

What's with garbage cramped venue?Have you ever attended the venue, having the privilege of standing on the stage many times its bigger than it looks on TV,. Do you think because one player finds it tight we should look at alternative.

I've always considered the Crucible a rubbish venue.

Postby SnookerEd25

Dragonfly wrote:Perhaps the next player to win his second World title hasn't won his first one yet.

That’s it. I’m hoping the next first-time World Champion also then breaks the Crucible ‘curse’.

Unless it’s Carter or Selt of course :grrr:

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Dragonfly wrote:Perhaps the next player to win his second World title hasn't won his first one yet.

That’s it. I’m hoping the next first-time World Champion also then breaks the Crucible ‘curse’.

Would you be happy if it's any of Ding, Dreamboat, Luca, Zhao Xintong, Yan Bingtao?

Postby SnookerEd25

Juddernaut88 wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:

Would you be happy if it's any of Ding, Dreamboat, Luca, Zhao Xintong, Yan Bingtao?

Yes, happy for all of those <ok>

I would love it to be Ding, but … sadly … :roll:

Postby RunningSide

Johnny Bravo wrote:
RunningSide wrote:

I've always considered the Crucible a rubbish venue.

Give reasons for RUBBISH venue, I'll ask again have you been.must have been enough room for Robbo when he won,no problem to respect not his favourite,.

Postby Johnny Bravo

RunningSide wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:I've always considered the Crucible a rubbish venue.

Give reasons for RUBBISH venue, I'll ask again have you been.must have been enough room for Robbo when he won,no problem to respect not his favourite,.

It's too crammed, and I don't like the arena one bit. :td:
For me, the Ricoh arena and Alexandra Palace are the best arenas.
Last edited by Johnny Bravo on 08 Dec 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

Johnny Bravo wrote:
RunningSide wrote:

It's too crammed, and I don't like the arena one bit.

Have you been to the Ricoh yet?

Postby Johnny Bravo

SnookerFan wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
RunningSide wrote:

It's too crammed, and I don't like the arena one bit.

Have you been to the Ricoh yet?

No, due to this garbage Covid rules. :mood:

I'm not vaccinated.