Post a reply

Masters 2022

Postby Pink Ball

The Masters gets underway on Sunday with a brand-new format befitting its major status and shedding its previously over-celebrated and underwhelming identity.

Sunday will see a repeat of last year's final as champion Yan Bingtao faces eighth seed John Higgins, again over the best of 19 frames, in our first quarter final.

On Monday, it's a repeat of the World Grand Prix final as seven-time champion Ronnie O'Sullivan goes to battle over 19 frames against Neil Robertson.

On Tuesday, rivals third-seeded Judd Trump and sixth seed Kyren Wilson take to the baize over two sessions, and the quarter finals close on Wednesday with a repeat of the World Championship final between second seed Mark Selby and seventh seed Shaun Murphy.

DRAW

Quarter finals (best of 19 frames)
Sunday, January 9: Yan Bingtao (1) v John Higgins (8)
Monday, January 10: Ronnie O'Sullivan (4) v Neil Robertson (5)
Tuesday, January 11: Judd Trump (3) v Kyren Wilson (6)
Wednesday, January 12: Mark Selby (2) v Shaun Murphy (7)

Semi finals (best of 19 frames)
Thursday, January 13: Yan/Higgins v O'Sullivan/Robertson
Friday, January 14: Trump/Wilson v Selby/Murphy

Final (best of 33 frames)
Saturday, January 15, and Sunday, January 16: Winner of top half v Winner of bottom half

Now that's what a bucking major tournament looks like.

Re: Masters 2022

Postby Prop

We can dream.

Postby McManusFan

The longer matches would obviously be great. But only having eight players is a bit naff. Not much chance of an upset, or to showcase new up and coming talent.

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:The Masters gets underway on Sunday with a brand-new format befitting its major status and shedding its previously over-celebrated and underwhelming identity.

Sunday will see a repeat of last year's final as champion Yan Bingtao faces eighth seed John Higgins, again over the best of 19 frames, in our first quarter final.

On Monday, it's a repeat of the World Grand Prix final as seven-time champion Ronnie O'Sullivan goes to battle over 19 frames against Neil Robertson.

On Tuesday, rivals third-seeded Judd Trump and sixth seed Kyren Wilson take to the baize over two sessions, and the quarter finals close on Wednesday with a repeat of the World Championship final between second seed Mark Selby and seventh seed Shaun Murphy.

DRAW

Quarter finals (best of 19 frames)
Sunday, January 9: Yan Bingtao (1) v John Higgins (8)
Monday, January 10: Ronnie O'Sullivan (4) v Neil Robertson (5)
Tuesday, January 11: Judd Trump (3) v Kyren Wilson (6)
Wednesday, January 12: Mark Selby (2) v Shaun Murphy (7)

Semi finals (best of 19 frames)
Thursday, January 13: Yan/Higgins v O'Sullivan/Robertson
Friday, January 14: Trump/Wilson v Selby/Murphy

Final (best of 33 frames)
Saturday, January 15, and Sunday, January 16: Winner of top half v Winner of bottom half

Now that's what a bucking major tournament looks like.

Bit similar to the Tour Championship. (Constant alterations to the format aside.)

Postby gninnur karona

The Tour Championship, for me the second most important tournament on the calendar, is another 11 or 12 weeks away. Plenty of opportunity for the majority of your chosen players to qualify although the greatest danger to seeing Zhao Xintong (1) and Luca Brecel (2) line up in Llandudno is the tournament being switched to Milton Keynes. Mark Williams (4), Mark Allen (5) and David Gilbert (8) are the others hoping to conserve their positions on the one-year list. For the record your eight are currently: Yan Bingtao (11) v John Higgins (7); Ronnie O'Sullivan (3) v Neil Robertson (6); Judd Trump (14) v Kyren Wilson (9); Mark Selby (17) v Shaun Murphy (34).

Postby TheSaviour

You are not out of my plans, trust me. I always highly appreciate the ultimate loyalty, and no question I thas been there. Hats off.

You are part of my plans, for sure. I could go with Ronnie also, I just miss the buzz. The missing parts, forget it. I can learn those with a few hours and no-one can deny my ability to fluke. All over again and again.

Now then and meanhile; I would say that Mark Allen will take this. Obviously he has the potential banana slip straight away. And what can Ronnie do with his safeties now; surely Jack is just a one step to go forward.

So now I finally understand it all.

Has AM (also) a diplomatic passport ? Bloody h@ll, Neil will eat him alive. The same with Barry against Shaun.

So hopefully it will be a good one, without any fear. Well, I am not greatest believer of that thing, but surely better, yes. But what a human can really feel and even do, I am not greatest believer of that thing. But now I understand how John has been able to do what he does, no deniying of that. Hopefully you didn´t understood me any wrong, just an old fashioned spamming and a tiny moaning, nothing else.

I really appreciate you. All the aspect are there ! What we could do with together, is something we can possibly see.

Now it has been The X-Files and Don Giovanni from Mozart on the cards ! It can´t be much better than that. I am slightly fearing to check out my other mails and stuff but I am sure it will be sorted. i can play a bit also now but only in terms of making feeling everyone spot on !

But I must agree with many; he´s not human. Logical things only.

And about the business; Ronnie versus Allen - matches over the last few years has been the most educative. Only a safety-genius like Allen can out-play Ronnie like that. But do not count Kyren out; any time there has been even a tiny reason to count him out, he has proved himself. Over and over again.

Postby Iranu

If this had been the Masters format last year Yan Bingtao wouldn’t have been at the tournament and we wouldn’t have had one of the best stories of the year.

It’s a no from me.

Postby Dragonfly

The Masters is my all time second favourite event and is absolutely fine the way it is. Doesn't need to be meddled around with.

Postby SnookerFan

Dragonfly wrote:The Masters is my all time second favourite event and is absolutely fine the way it is. Doesn't need to be meddled around with.

:goodpost:

Postby The_Abbott

A major tournament with X-Files V Don Giovanni is what we need to see. Who'd win?