Post a reply

Question for all Ronnie fans

Postby FoulNMiss

Assuming we have, let's say next season, a WC final between Ronnie and Jimmy (he still can win it, it's proven), would you root for Jimmy for this one? Cause I surely would, now that the Triple 7 is already achieved. Now the biggest injustice in the history of all sports has to be fixed.

Re: Question for all Ronnie fans

Postby Cloud Strife

I might root for Jimmy or Ding in such a scenario. I dunno, it's a difficult one. I can't say either way with any certainty.

Postby HustleKing

Holy rubbish, just think what Ronnie would do to this Jimmy (or an older one) over 18-35 frames :sad:

Postby Johnny Bravo

FoulNMiss wrote:Assuming we have, let's say next season, a WC final between Ronnie and Jimmy (he still can win it, it's proven), would you root for Jimmy for this one? Cause I surely would, now that the Triple 7 is already achieved. Now the biggest injustice in the history of all sports has to be fixed.

I would still want Ronnie to win it, for 2 main reasons:

- I want him to have the record alone;
- I am still afraid (though to a small extent) that the boring grinder might one day equal Ronnie on 7 WC, although that is very unlikely.

But if Jimmy were to win it, I would be very happy for him and I would not suffer the way I did in 2014. :-)

Postby Johnny Bravo

HustleKing wrote:Holy rubbish, just think what Ronnie would do to this Jimmy (or an older one) over 18-35 frames :sad:

Realistically speaking, of course Ronnie would destroy him, the final would end with a session to spare.
But I reckon the question was whether we'd want Jimmy to fulfill his dream, and win it, since he obviously deserves one. :-)

Postby FoulNMiss

Johnny Bravo wrote:
FoulNMiss wrote:Assuming we have, let's say next season, a WC final between Ronnie and Jimmy (he still can win it, it's proven), would you root for Jimmy for this one? Cause I surely would, now that the Triple 7 is already achieved. Now the biggest injustice in the history of all sports has to be fixed.

- I am still afraid (though to a small extent) that the boring grinder might one day equal Ronnie on 7 WC, although that is very unlikely.

But if Jimmy were to win it, I would be very happy for him and I would not suffer the way I did in 2014. :-)

Honestly if I could modify the outcome of one single match in the history it would be 100% the 94 final, not the 2014 one.

Postby Prop

FoulNMiss wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

Honestly if I could modify the outcome of one single match in the history it would be 100% the 94 final, not the 2014 one.

Yep. That’s the one. But don’t forget the butterfly effect…

Postby SnookerArcher

FoulNMiss wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

I'd rectify 1992 as well, arguably moreso the final Jimmy should have won, 14-8! What a lead he choked!
Losing 1-2/4 of their crucible finals Hendry wouldn't become the 7times world champion as he became mediocre come the prime of the class of 92, so Ronnie would have had more freedom with world titles he'd be aiming for 6 instead of 7 & knowing him that smaller pressure would actually get better results from him, so he'd maybe be on 8 or 9 now! So everyone wins that's not a Hendry fan!

Only person I'd want to win over Ronnie is Jimmy, Ronnie has the 7 now & being 13yrs younger he has potentially a lot more years left if he wants it for snooker, Jimmy's not had much success at all on the main tour for years now. Jimmy was my original snooker hero, what a heartbreaker, Ronnie getting all his wins & records is a good compromise for the many things Jimmy should have but didn't win.

Boring grinder, yes he's hard to stomach especially in long format matches but good we got coming of age Yan Bingtao who can handle it, Anthony McGill too does pretty well in awkward matches. With Selby's apparent mental health issues too his viscous matchplay takes much of a toll on him I bet, all the more if he loses from it rofl! So glad the longest frame in history (Till a future Selby frame probably not too soon) was a losing one for him!