Post a reply

Meeting up at matches

Postby Ck147

Now that covid is mostly over and matches have full crowds again, some people here might be organising to meet up at tourneys. I think back to when I met SF at Ally Pally in early 2020. I could easily have been kidnapped and force fed smarties until I exploded, thankfully that didn’t happen.

Should we have a secret handshake to know that who you’ve met is really a Snooker Islander?

My proposal is this: the organiser squeezes hand 3 times during handshake once person located, they then offer a small box of smarties, and the other person says, “stfu Iranu”, then you know you are safe.

What do you think?

Re: Meeting up at matches

Postby csprince

the secret password should be robbo's got this ck told me.

Postby SnookerFan

A stock phrase is easier.

So for example, the first person enquires; "Is your name Iranu?", the second enquires; "No, shut the buck up".

Or some such.

Postby D4P

Ck147 wrote:Now that covid is mostly over

My wife and I both have COVID right now, for the first time... :grrr:

Postby Ck147

D4P wrote:

Sorry to hear that, hope you both get over it soon. Guy on my team, refused to come back to work for months until 2 weeks ago and then got it for the first time too, thankfully he’s doing ok.

Postby SnookerArcher

Ck147 wrote:Now that covid is mostly over and matches have full crowds again, some people here might be organising to meet up at tourneys. I think back to when I met SF at Ally Pally in early 2020. I could easily have been kidnapped and force fed smarties until I exploded, thankfully that didn’t happen.

Should we have a secret handshake to know that who you’ve met is really a Snooker Islander?

My proposal is this: the organiser squeezes hand 3 times during handshake once person located, they then offer a small box of smarties, and the other person says, “stfu Iranu”, then you know you are safe.

What do you think?

It's far from mostly over, the government to score lost brownie points over partygate lift all restrictions acting like it's mostly over when it's not much better than last year, it's funny that, they switch from exaggerating how bad it is and downplaying the severity to suit their agenda. I'd rather not have vaccine passports and forced testing (I'm okay with masks and still wear them despite the gov acting like it's over) but very irresponsible of them acting like it's done, more like they are fed up of spending money to tackle it
D4P wrote:

Sorry to hear that hope you just have mild symptoms. I know a handful who've had it, 2 had mild symptoms (1 of which got it as soon as the rules were relaxed or just before, uncanny?)

Postby Ck147

SnookerArcher wrote:
Ck147 wrote:Now that covid is mostly over and matches have full crowds again, some people here might be organising to meet up at tourneys. I think back to when I met SF at Ally Pally in early 2020. I could easily have been kidnapped and force fed smarties until I exploded, thankfully that didn’t happen.

What do you think?

It's far from mostly over, the government to score lost brownie points over partygate lift all restrictions acting like it's mostly over when it's not much better than last year, it's funny that, they switch from exaggerating how bad it is and downplaying the severity to suit their agenda. I'd rather not have vaccine passports and forced testing (I'm okay with masks and still wear them despite the gov acting like it's over) but very irresponsible of them acting like it's done, more like they are fed up of spending money to tackle it
D4P wrote:

Sorry to hear that hope you just have mild symptoms. I know a handful who've had it, 2 had mild symptoms (1 of which got it as soon as the rules were relaxed or just before, uncanny?)

It’s mostly over, move on, much better than last year. Still doesn’t make up for all the crap they didn’t do 2 years ago when lots of us lost family and friends, won’t forget that. But we’re not on same scale now

Postby SnookerArcher

Ck147 wrote:
SnookerArcher wrote:
Ck147 wrote:It’s mostly over, move on, much better than last year. Still doesn’t make up for all the crap they didn’t do 2 years ago when lots of us lost family and friends, won’t forget that. But we’re not on same scale now

False statement that it's mostly over though and it certainly wasn't that much better when they suddenly relaxed the rules, now yes but that's more because it's spring/summer, hopefully when it's autumn/winter again it will be largely gone if not completely, nevertheless not the time to throw masks away just yet.