Post a reply

Is Robertson trying to peak for the World Championships?

Postby Acé

he said he likes the regular tournaments more than the World Championships but he's not playing the British Open and the European Masters in the new season and well with no tournaments in China there really isn't many tournaments in the season these days so

could, and I know before you laugh at me... is he trying to have a less "busy" season building up to the World Championships and maybe put all the effort into the back half of the season?

come in to the World Championships hungrier and have a good run?

Re: Is Robertson trying to peak for the World Championships?

Postby SnookerFan

Acé wrote:he said he likes the regular tournaments more than the World Championships but he's not playing the British Open and the European Masters in the new season and well with no tournaments in China there really isn't many tournaments in the season these days so

could, and I know before you laugh at me... is he trying to have a less "busy" season building up to the World Championships and maybe put all the effort into the back half of the season?

come in to the World Championships hungrier and have a good run?

I doubt it.

I think timing your run in that way is next to impossible. You might come into a tournament 'hungry', but you could also come in rusty having not played enough. Form isn't something you can just turn on whenever you want to. And even if you could, it wouldn't work because everybody would be doing it.

Besides, Robertson already struggles playing at The Crucible. The last thing he needs to do is start putting more pressure on himself.

Postby Wildey

I Just think he's enjoying Family time in Australia and Norway with Millie's Family, a extended Honeymoon.

And thanks to this ridiculous Pandemic Restrictions that did buck all he couldn't do that for 2 years

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:I Just think he's enjoying Family time in Australia and Norway with Millie's Family, a extended Honeymoon.

And thanks to this ridiculous Pandemic Restrictions that did buck all he couldn't do that for 2 years

Yeah agreed (the first part <laugh> ) he’s probably just making up for lost time.

If anyone knows how silly it is to try and peak for the Worlds it’s Robbo - he peaks for the first two rounds of it almost every year.