Post a reply

Re: Who has qualified for the Tour Championship?

Postby HappyCamper

short answer is no. only mark allen is guaranteed a tc slot.

ryan day is currently in second, but the points difference to joe o'connor in 16th is only about about 70k. so not enough yet with two qualifying event to go.

Postby GeF

HappyCamper wrote:short answer is no. only mark allen is guaranteed a tc slot.

ryan day is currently in second, but the points difference to joe o'connor in 16th is only about about 70k. so not enough yet with two qualifying event to go.

Ryan Day needs 7 players to overtake him in order to miss the PC, but 7 players can't win an event with only 2 remaining events.

Top 4 should make the Players if I don't miscalculate.
Mark Allen of course, plus Ryan Day, Kyren Wilson and Ali Carter.

Postby Pink Ball

gninnur karona wrote:As a consequence of Joe O'Connor's semi-final Players defeat Allister Carter, Kyren Wilson and Ryan Day are mathematically guaranteed places in the Tour Championship.

Thanks for that, Gninnur Karona. I'll update the Think Pink table accordingly.

Postby SnookerEd25

Juddernaut88 wrote:Judd Trump will need to get to the final of the WST classic to have a chance of qualifying. It's defintely going to be very tricky.

You missed out an ‘a’ :hmmm:

Postby Prop

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Judd Trump will need to get to the final of the WST classic to have a chance of qualifying. It's defintely going to be very tricky.

You missed out an ‘a’ :hmmm:

Very good, Ed. Very good :clap:

Postby gninnur karona

Shaun Murphy is the fifth player to earn a place in the Tour Championship.

For those still in the race for the final three places 158001 currently guarantees qualification.

Neatly that means every player that participated in the Players is master of their own destiny, while for the next seven players on the one-year list the equation is simple: win the Classic and hope that results elsewhere are favourable.

Postby gninnur karona

As a result of Ding Junhui's WST Classic opening round defeat Robert Milkins becomes the sixth participant in the Tour Championship.

For those still in the race for the final two places 153001 guarantees qualification.

Postby The_Abbott

SnookerFan wrote:Ronnie is injured, pulling out of the WST Classic. So won't be making the Tour Championship.

did he look at the prize money and develop an injury?

Postby SnookerFan

The_Abbott wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Ronnie is injured, pulling out of the WST Classic. So won't be making the Tour Championship.

did he look at the prize money and develop an injury?

He's got school fees to pay, remember. :no:

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

SnookerFan wrote:I hope this doesn't get massively ovanalysed. It's probably just a bit sore.

I don't want the BBC's entire coverage of the 17 days of The Crucible to be pretending that Ronnie broke his arm.

I wonder if they talked much about Hendry's arm in 1994.

Postby HappyCamper

mark selby can guarantee his slot with victory over daniel wells tomorrow.

judd trump and gary wilson both need to reach the final in order to qualify. however they are due to face each other in the semi final, so only one can make it.

ding junhui will qualify if either selby loses tomorrow or neither trump nor wilson reach the final.

Postby lhpirnie

HappyCamper wrote:mark selby can guarantee his slot with victory over daniel wells tomorrow.

judd trump and gary wilson both need to reach the final in order to qualify. however they are due to face each other in the semi final, so only one can make it.

ding junhui will qualify if either selby loses tomorrow or neither trump nor wilson reach the final.

Yes, it looks very bad for Ding: he's very likely to finish 9th on the list. Funnily enough, Maguire was in that position and ended up winning the TC and Cazoo bonus! But it took monumental global events for that to happen...

Postby HappyCamper

selby latest qualifier.
trump eliminated.

so just one place left. wilson needs to win just two matches tomorrow. otherwise it'll be ding. finely balanced, but the pendulum probably just swinging towards the tyneside terror.

Postby Juddernaut88

Whoever wins the Tour Championship will not win the World Championship this year for me. So far in the previous 4 Tour championships, the winner of the tournament hasn't gone on to win the World Championship in the same season. Will that trend continue?

Postby SnookerEd25

D4P wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Whoever wins the Tour Championship will not win the World Championship this year for me.

For whom will they win it...?

Juddernaut77; the original model, who was more chill on the quizzes.

Damn, I miss that guy :sad:

Postby Iranu

SnookerEd25 wrote:
D4P wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Whoever wins the Tour Championship will not win the World Championship this year for me.

For whom will they win it...?

Juddernaut77; the original model, who was more chill on the quizzes.

Damn, I miss that guy :sad:

He was so patient.

Postby gninnur karona

HappyCamper wrote:selby latest qualifier.
trump eliminated.

so just one place left. wilson needs to win just two matches tomorrow. otherwise it'll be ding. finely balanced, but the pendulum probably just swinging towards the tyneside terror.

If Gary Wilson reaches the WST Classic final then he will also clinch the last two Crucible seeded places for himself and Ryan Day. Otherwise those places will be decided at the Tour Championship perm any two from three Gary Wilson, Ryan Day and Ding Junhui.