Post a reply

Re: Jimmy: I'll make the crucible

Postby The_Abbott

Dan-cat wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:https://wst.tv/white-ill-make-the-crucible/

yeah....how many times we heard this Jim?

Well, technically, he will be at the Crucible.

Punditting for ES

LOL and maybe the seniors too

Postby BringBackTonyDrago

lhpirnie wrote:Yes, if he can beat Marco Fu, Noppon Saengkham and Xiao Guodong in best-of-19 matches, then he can indeed qualify.

Has it gone back to that format now then ? I thought the last qualifying round in recent years was best of 19 and the rounds before was a lot less.

Postby BringBackTonyDrago

lhpirnie wrote:Yes, if he can beat Marco Fu, Noppon Saengkham and Xiao Guodong in best-of-19 matches, then he can indeed qualify.

Has it gone back to that format now then ? I thought the last qualifying round in recent years was best of 19 and the rounds before was a lot less.

Postby lhpirnie

BringBackTonyDrago wrote:

Yes, all rounds best-of-19 now. There were (justified) complaints that coming into a best-of-11 against an opponent who had already won a match or two gave them a disadvantage.

So now we're back to 8 tables and 10 days. I'll be there for most of it. It's a great event.

Postby SnookerEd25

Juddernaut88 wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:Update : he won’t make the Crucible. :sad:

Sick of these negative fans like Ed.

I was hacked :shrug:

Postby shanew48

lhpirnie wrote:
BringBackTonyDrago wrote:

Yes, all rounds best-of-19 now. There were (justified) complaints that coming into a best-of-11 against an opponent who had already won a match or two gave them a disadvantage.

So now we're back to 8 tables and 10 days. I'll be there for most of it. It's a great event.

Probably making it even more unlikely that a qualifier can win the whole thing these days as they will have to have snooker on the mind for almost a month, although not sure what the format and timescales were for Griffiths or Murphy when they did it, could have possibly been more taxing I’m guessing perhaps

Postby GeF

BringBackTonyDrago wrote:How many rounds will he have to play ? Will the seeding be for the one year list or two year total ?

2 years list is used.

He will be seeded and enter in Round 2 of qualifiers, so he will have to win 3 matches in order to join Top 16 at the Crucible.
He plays the winner of Marco Fu - tbd in R2, then Noppom Sangkam in R3.and Xiao Guodong, Zhang Anda or Rod Lawler in the last one.

Postby SnookerFan

Oooh. Ouch.

I was feeling optimistic before I knew that was his route.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:

Oooh. Ouch.

I was feeling optimistic before I knew that was his route.

Jimmy’s just beaten Judd Trump, so all of those names should hold no fears for him, or am I being a bit too simplistic?

Postby RunningSide

Think Jim got the odd winning match in him but not a run of 3 or more. His recent victory over Judd was more down to Judds off day than Jimmy outplaying him.Any confidence gained recently my be shattered by a poor start at qualifiers.

Postby SnookerEd25

Shorter mataches actually favour ol’ Jim, as they’re a bit of a lottery and not really an accurate guide of ability.

If he gets through one BO19, he’ll be dead on his feet for the second, and go down 10-2, 10-3, something like that :sad:

Postby RunningSide

Holden Chinaski wrote:I love Jimmy, but he can be a bit of a cockwomble.

Is that the new Islander full name?

Postby Holden Chinaski

RunningSide wrote:

Postby Womble

Holden Chinaski wrote:
RunningSide wrote:

No. My full name is HUGE cockerel womble. At least, that's what the lady wombles call me. rofl

cockerel? Apparently you can't write certain words here. :chin:

Postby RunningSide

Womble wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
RunningSide wrote:

No. My full name is HUGE cockerel womble. At least, that's what the lady wombles call me. rofl

cockerel? Apparently you can't write certain words here. :chin:

Try sausage van Dyke

Postby Wildey

SnookerEd25 wrote:Shorter mataches actually favour ol’ Jim, as they’re a bit of a lottery and not really an accurate guide of ability.

If he gets through one BO19, he’ll be dead on his feet for the second, and go down 10-2, 10-3, something like that :sad:

I Agree.

His Form at the WST Classic deteriorated, he started well in the first and second rounds he played very well vs Perry But the other 2 Matches he was getting worst every match.

Postby Womble

Dan-cat wrote:I don't fancy Jimmy over 19 frames against the likes of Xiao Goudong...

Neither do I.

Postby Iranu

SnookerEd25 wrote:Shorter mataches actually favour ol’ Jim, as they’re a bit of a lottery and not really an accurate guide of ability.

I think it’s less that it’s a lottery and more that it mitigates any chances of fatigue or succumbing to pressure for Jimmy.

Postby Wildey

They have to ban a Few more players to give Jimmy a fighting chance.

100 Might do it.