Post a reply

Re: Clive Everton - The Musical

Postby Prop

Dragonfly wrote:Nice track. Love the ambient opening. Send it off to Steve Davis, he might plat it in his dj sets!

Appreciated :-)

Maybe if I remixed it and brought in a room full of vintage analogue synths he might be interested <laugh>

Postby Prop

Dan-cat wrote:Listening on my Senheisser headphones now. FAT!

Headphones make all the difference!

Postby Prop

Dan-cat wrote:Blather Blather Blather Blather Blather

I hope you also like the bit of gibberish that appears. Once with delay and then once almost dry. Just adds that extra sense of old age.

Postby Prop

Just finished a new track - Psilosynchronicity - and I thought I’d leave it here. No snooker theme this time, I’m afraid, but some of you might enjoy it for what it is.

The song is only accessible through this link, and as always, headphones are best <ok>

https://on.soundcloud.com/CjfEMFEgAdoBEa179

Postby Prop

LDS wrote:I really enjoyed that, reminded me a lot of late 90s Ministry Chill 4am type music.

Is it all of your own concoction or is it a series of samples?

Thanks mate, I appreciate the kind words :-)

It’s all of my own making. Pads, bass, main drums, strings, etc. All written, produced, mixed and mastered by me.

There are incidentally a couple of samples in there - the distant hawk noise, camp fire at the intro, tablas. But also the spoken word bits (Rickie Lee Jones in conversation) which was a deliberate easter egg / nod towards a notable 1991 track that fits the kind of genre you mention. You might recognise her voice. Think Arizona.

A lot of my stuff is in that ballpark. Definitely shaped by my taste in FSOL, Aphex, Orb/KLF, Leftfield, Massive Attack and so on.