Post a reply

Clive Everton - The Musical

Postby Prop

Ok, deliberately misleading title out of the way…

I’ve been working on a little project for the last few days, after I suggested to Ed I produce an ambient Eno-like track featuring Phil Yates. Then Pink Ball’s thread inspired a change of heart. So it’s not ambient, and instead of Yates it features our lord of commentary, Clive Everton!

If you don’t already have access to Soundcloud, it takes 2 minutes and costs nothing.

Just try and listen on a good pair of headphones if you can - I didn’t spend much time on the mix and I’m no professional. In fact, only listen on headphones. Otherwise it’ll sound even worse than it already is.

It’s a bit of fun more than anything. Enjoy my new track “Clive” :-)

https://on.soundcloud.com/T9w4BWPZTHGBo9Lr5

Re: Clive Everton - The Musical

Postby Prop

I kind of went for something period-correct. Sort of thing you might hear in the mid 90s when Clive was doing the biz.

Postby Prop

It came out ok considering I produced the track using an iPad. Lots of the usual processes are quite back-to-front, and you need some workarounds to get it all glued together.

I just can’t get the mental image of Clive being shafted at Wembley Arena out of my head now :shock:

Postby Prop

Iranu wrote:MORE!

I’ve got quite a few tracks finished (that are set to Private on Soundcloud because I don’t really believe in myself and get imposter syndrome) that I could rework with a snooker theme.

Watache this space :-)

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:A Clive Everton based banger. You'd have to be greedy to ask for more.

It worked!

Postby mantorok

McManusFan wrote:"Well I think it's great!"

Looking forward to a Yates follow up.

You can snake hiss off with that rubbish, no one wants to hear that.

Postby Prop

Juddernaut88 wrote:What a banger :dance:

I even got a familiar catchphrase in at the end ;-)

Postby Holden Chinaski

I want to hear a cover of ‘Insomnia’ by Faithless with Dennis commentary vocals. Lyrics would be “You can’t get your breath” instead of “I can’t get no sleep”.

Postby Prop

Holden Chinaski wrote:I want to hear a cover of ‘Insomnia’ by Faithless with Dennis commentary vocals. Lyrics would be “You can’t get your breath” instead of “I can’t get no sleep”.

pmsl

Dare I desecrate such a classic?!

Postby Prop

Dan-cat wrote:Just got to listening to this. Love it. Got me right at the beginning. ‘I got shafted’

Glad you enjoyed it <laugh>