But is he a nice guy?

Re: Luca Brecel

Postby Juddernaut88

Iranu wrote:But is he a nice guy?

Yes

Postby Holden Chinaski

mick745 wrote:Have you just noticed?

No but I have to remind myself this was not a dream.

Postby HappyCamper

World champion of what?

Postby RunningSide

Hope winning the worlds doesn't change him too much, going to feel different to be the huntered instead of hunter.

Postby Holden Chinaski

RunningSide wrote:Hope winning the worlds doesn't change him too much, going to feel different to be the huntered instead of hunter.

I thinking winning the Worlds was just what he needed. I think this will give him the confidence to play the way he wants to play.

He didn't just win the World Championship, he won it playing in his own instinctive style of playing. A style of playing which many people, including me, have criticised him for. He stuck to his own style and he managed to beat MJW, Ronnie, Si (who was on fire and seemed unstoppable), and Mark Selby!

I think Luca has shown the world that it is possible to beat a player like Mark Selby in a World final with an attacking style of play. I've watched the World final a couple of times now and some of the shots Luca went for were just insane. Not only did he get crazy pots, he was also very creative with opening up the reds. Listening to Hendry commentating on Luca was great, you could tell even Hendry was amazed and absolutely loved it. I think Luca will win a lot more big titles now.

Postby mick745

I think he's a confidence player and this will win will bring him plenty of confidence.

He needs to guard against over confidence though, playing to the crowd, taking on one shot too many etc.

If he can play with the right amount of freedom and live with the pressure of being introduced everywhere he goes as world champion he'll be okay.

Postby RunningSide

Absolutely agree, Luca winning was a needed boost snooker required. Looking forward hope he doesn't become a one time winner, he has the game to maintain top 4,mentality comes into playing top level with the expectation of champ. The banning of Chinese lads narrows the field of winners to ,best of luck to him.

Postby Iranu

Luca’s already pretty cocky, I don’t see this changing him.