Post a reply

Has anyone else noticed the forum getting slower and less responsive for the last few months?

Yes
64%
No
36%

Total votes : 14

Re: Site Issues and Slowdown

Postby mantorok

The website pages are executed on the server, it doesn’t matter what the client is running.

Postby mantorok

And whatever client or device you are using it’s going to be alot more powerful than whatever the site is running on.

Postby mantorok

Dan, do you have access to any performance statistics? Wondering if turning off botty has improved things?

Postby Juddernaut88

I use the forum most of the time on my phone and I use Chrome. In the past week or so it's had periods where it has been slow. I also use it on my work pc via chrome when I'm working and it's been a bit hit and miss there as well. I did initially think it may just be because of the pc but that may not be the case.

Postby mantorok

It’s nothing to do with how you are using the site, Dan was either trolling or clutching at straws.

Postby SnookerEd25

You do never know with Dan, to be fair. He’s enigmatic…

Postby Prop

SnookerEd25 wrote:You do never know with Dan, to be fair. He’s enigmatic…

That may be, but at least he’s actually responded to the issue. I don’t know if Andre and Wild are even aware of it.

Postby SnookerEd25

Currently working fine for me, and presumably getting busier traffic-wise.

At the end of the day, I’d rather have slow-Island than no-Island.

If it gets too exasperating, I just log off and come back later.

Postby Prop

Seems alright for me today. A couple of slight hesitations but nothing major. It’s usually around 4pm it starts to struggle.

Postby SnookerEd25

Prop wrote:Seems alright for me today. A couple of slight hesitations but nothing major. It’s usually around 4pm it starts to struggle.

Tiredness issue? As I get older I start to flag around then, too :sad:

Postby Prop

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Prop wrote:Seems alright for me today. A couple of slight hesitations but nothing major. It’s usually around 4pm it starts to struggle.

Tiredness issue? As I get older I start to flag around then, too :sad:

Entirely likely. A bit like when you approach the 3 hour mark at the club - if you’re playing well you don’t notice, but otherwise it’s time to go home and recover with a brew.

Postby McManusFan

Firefox on both and android and Windows. I'm usually keeping up with the threads even if not posting. I was away the other night when people had the most trouble.

Postby mantorok

It’s not as if it becomes unavailable for long periods, it just slows down for a few minutes then it’s back.

I don’t think it’s a massive issue.

Postby Prop

mantorok wrote:It’s not as if it becomes unavailable for long periods, it just slows down for a few minutes then it’s back.

I don’t think it’s a massive issue.

And then 10 minutes later does the same. And again, and again. By which point I’ve given up, left the site and lost a little more faith in it.

It’s a big enough issue for some of us. And it should be an issue for the people in charge of the site and anyone that gives a damn about it still being in working order in the future.

Postby Prop

Holden Chinaski wrote:Forum is so bucking slow right now

Like clockwork.

Postby eraserhead

I've noticed issues. I have the active topics page bookmarked. I'll click that and it might not load the page or if I get through sometimes clicking on the current match threads will be slow to load.

I use chrome. Firefox on phone and Ipad and have noticed it on all of them at times.

Postby Prop

I suppose it’s down to politics now. Whether there’s alignment between what the members want, what the mods want, what is possible and at what cost.

Postby mantorok

Prop wrote:I suppose it’s down to politics now. Whether there’s alignment between what the members want, what the mods want, what is possible and at what cost.

What about the rockers? :chin:

Postby Prop

mantorok wrote:
Prop wrote:I suppose it’s down to politics now. Whether there’s alignment between what the members want, what the mods want, what is possible and at what cost.

What about the rockers? :chin:

buck ‘em.