Post a reply

Rory Thor’s swastika tattoo

Postby Prop

I noticed it a few years ago - on his right hand near the knuckle of his thumb and index finger. You occasionally catch a glimpse when he’s breaking off. The cameraman in his current World Open match against Trump seems to have noticed it, too.

Thoughts? Foolish teenage dare? Or is there a history of this kind of thing in Malaysia?

Not the best photo, but you can just see it:

Re: Rory Thor’s swastika tattoo

Postby Prop

Holden Chinaski wrote:It is a Buddhist and Hinduist symbol for peace. Hitler stole it and put it in a tilted position. You see a lot of swastika's in Asia (not in a tilted position). Again, as a symbol for peace.

https://www.dailyexpress.com.my/read/45 ... d-symbol-/

Interesting :hatoff:

Although I’ve just read that Malaysian neo-nazi gangs are a thing, so who knows. I’ll probably choose to assume he’s of the peace-loving religious variety!

Postby Holden Chinaski

Prop wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:It is a Buddhist and Hinduist symbol for peace. Hitler stole it and put it in a tilted position. You see a lot of swastika's in Asia (not in a tilted position). Again, as a symbol for peace.

https://www.dailyexpress.com.my/read/45 ... d-symbol-/

Interesting :hatoff:

Although I’ve just read that Malaysian neo-nazi gangs are a thing, so who knows. I’ll probably choose to assume he’s of the peace-loving religious variety!

His Swastika is not in a tilted position so it's a symbol for peace. Neo nazi's would put the swastika in a tilted position and usually with a circle around it. You see the peace swastika on temples and stufff in Asia.

Postby SnookerEd25

I had a similar discussion with a customer recently who objected to a book which featured the prominent symbol on the front cover, she didn't think we should stock it, let alone display it.

The book was about Jainism, an Indian religion which uses the peace symbol, and she seemed somewhat put out when I explained this. I think she was the sort who just likes to complain, but she wasn't going to get that satisfaction from me.

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerEd25 wrote:I had a similar discussion with a customer recently who objected to a book which featured the prominent symbol on the front cover, she didn't think we should stock it, let alone display it.

The book was about Jainism, an Indian religion which uses the peace symbol, and she seemed somewhat put out when I explained this. I think she was the sort who just likes to complain, but she wasn't going to get that satisfaction from me.

Hitler kind of ruined that symbol. Also the moustache. Can't have a moustache like that anymore.

Postby Prop

Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:I had a similar discussion with a customer recently who objected to a book which featured the prominent symbol on the front cover, she didn't think we should stock it, let alone display it.

Hitler kind of ruined that symbol. Also the moustache. Can't have a moustache like that anymore.

Tell that to SF.

Postby Iranu

Holden Chinaski wrote:His Swastika is not in a tilted position so it's a symbol for peace.

Depends what position his hand’s in surely

Postby Empire State Human

Iranu wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:His Swastika is not in a tilted position so it's a symbol for peace.

Depends what position his hand’s in surely

It's a different angle completely when he's doing a salute.