Post a reply

Rate the historic whitewash of O'Sullivan

Postby Granite

As we know only about a month ago, Mark Selby, the beast that he is, produced one of the most historic 6-0 whitewashes of all time against the in-form player of the season O'Sullivan.

What would you rate it out of 10?

I rate it 10/10.

How often does O'Sullivan get whitewashed and it's ironic his winning spree came to an end against his toughest rival. This match is still fresh on my mind.

The highlight of the season so far.

Re: Rate the historic whitewash of O'Sullivan

Postby D4P

If I felt like it was a match (and tournament) that Ronnie clearly wanted to win but nevertheless got whitewashed, then I would rate it high.

But I don't, so I won't.

Postby Iranu

D4P wrote:If I felt like it was a match (and tournament) that Ronnie clearly wanted to win but nevertheless got whitewashed, then I would rate it high.

But I don't, so I won't.

This comment reads like Colin Farrell’s In Bruges character talking about snooker.

Postby chengdufan

1/10 for me. I'm not particularly a fan of Ronnie, but pretty much any match Selby wins will get a similar rating from me.

Postby Prop

Iranu wrote:
D4P wrote:If I felt like it was a match (and tournament) that Ronnie clearly wanted to win but nevertheless got whitewashed, then I would rate it high.

But I don't, so I won't.

This comment reads like Colin Farrell’s In Bruges character talking about snooker.

<laugh>

Postby Reg Varney

Juddernaut88 wrote:5/10. Selby lost his match in the next round so it's just a win that he didn't really kick on from.

This. Is reminiscent of when players would beat O'Sullivan in the Worlds and give it large in the process (i.e. Carter and Hawkins for two) but then would lose their next match.

Postby TheRocket

It was a good win for him and I'm sure he enjoyed it but as Juddernaut said, he lost in the next round against Zhang so he couldn't convert his win over Ronnie into a tournament win. What remains is a good win which, in the end, didn't bring him any glory.