Post a reply

Re: Dennis Taylor - What is the point ?

Postby vodkadiet

Alex Higgins threatened to have Dennis Taylor shot in Northern Ireland after they had a run in. They were team mates in The World team event. And Higgins reported his other team mate (Tommy Murphy) for being in the Northern Ireland dressing room, thinking he was an autograph hunter!

Postby vodkadiet

Dan-cat wrote:

Hahaha. DT’s first and only gig as MC.

I want him to get a whole tournament as MC if it keeps him out of the commentary box.

I would even suffer him telling us what each player's golf handicap is.

"A terrific snooker player and not a bad golfer either, although I took a fiver off him last week on the golf course...it's the Dublin Terminator, Michael Judge".

Postby Badsnookerplayer

vodkadiet wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Hahaha. DT’s first and only gig as MC.

I want him to get a whole tournament as MC if it keeps him out of the commentary box.

I would even suffer him telling us what each player's golf handicap is.

"A terrific snooker player and not a bad golfer either, although I took a fiver off him last week on the golf course...it's the Dublin Terminator, Michael Judge".

rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Speaking of old has-beens, Willie Thorne has had his eyes lasered and is joining the seniors tour.

MJA (another MC) is also back. Hendry’s bucked!

According to Willie's commentary, he knows all the right shots. He should win.

Postby SnookerFan

Roland wrote:He refers far too much to things in his life without realising it's only him who lives like that. Strictly Come Dancing, golf, Snooker Legends, more golf, going out to dinner, more golf. That's all he does and it's all he seems to know.

Re-reading this thread, and seeing this ancient comment from Roland, reminds me of an interaction I had with Dennis Taylor on Twitter.

He made some comment about Rory Mcilroy, defending his decision to play a round of golf with Donald Trump. Something I hadn't realised had happened. So I commented something along the lines of; "McIlroy played a game with Trump?" Not meaning anything by it really, just clarifying.

Taylor replied that I should; "Get a life." I think he was under the impression that I was trolling him, or feigning ignorance as a joke.

As if he couldn't comprehend there was anybody in the world who didn't know every action taken by every single professional golfer. rofl

Postby Badsnookerplayer

SnookerFan wrote:
Roland wrote:He refers far too much to things in his life without realising it's only him who lives like that. Strictly Come Dancing, golf, Snooker Legends, more golf, going out to dinner, more golf. That's all he does and it's all he seems to know.

Re-reading this thread, and seeing this ancient comment from Roland, reminds me of an interaction I had with Dennis Taylor on Twitter.

He made some comment about Rory Mcilroy, defending his decision to play a round of golf with Donald Trump. Something I hadn't realised had happened. So I commented something along the lines of; "McIlroy played a game with Trump?" Not meaning anything by it really, just clarifying.

Taylor replied that I should; "Get a life." I think he was under the impression that I was trolling him, or feigning ignorance as a joke.

As if he couldn't comprehend there was anybody in the world who didn't know every action taken by every single professional golfer. rofl

Golf is a bankers sport

Postby TheSaviour

With Dennis I always start to think that where does it read that the British humour can be written or portrayed only by the British people.

Kind of a same thing with Gary Wilson.

Gary has done just the right thing to pull out. The job never was to him at the first place, me thinks. Each for their own and the kids will always be learning and creating their own worlds. And after all, that´s how we all have grew up. I have always been saying that everyone should be at least that much narcissist and purely selfish, meaning wise, that should offer the other people, the grown ups or the kids, the same treatment what has been essential when he or she has grown up to be himself or herself.

Postby SnookerFan

LC wrote:Wonder if either like golf? I can see it now Murphy the straight man to selbys funny man, sounds like a winner

It's been confirmed that Murphy does.

Also, he's been doing commentating recently.

So this post could be accurate.

Postby Alexaryan

Hendry is the best commentator in my opinion... There's nothing better than listening to his insights when watching Ronnie breakbuild. He has fought with him so many times, its like he is in his head and he commentate that. As a player and a fan it's great to almost be able to hear into both geniuses heads at once!

Postby Dan-cat

Alexaryan wrote:Hendry is the best commentator in my opinion... There's nothing better than listening to his insights when watching Ronnie breakbuild. He has fought with him so many times, its like he is in his head and he commentate that. As a player and a fan it's great to almost be able to hear into both geniuses heads at once!

I love this

Postby SnookerFan

Hendry is okay, but he seems to have got grumpier in his old age.

And I don't like the way he refuses to watch snooker unless he's paid to. Fair play to him for honestly admitting it. Most of the BBC do this, and don't admit it. But I prefer people like Foulds who obviously follow the game.

Fair play the former players are there to analyse what's happening in the game, and the journalists are there to know the history. But I find Hendry's bumming of Ronnie and complaining if he has to commentate on somebody outside the top-16 a bit annoying.

He has his plus points, he at least speaks his mind. He's better than a lot of the BBC bellends. At least he's got the CV to be critical of other players. Unlike say Willie Thorne, who won very little but still acts like he's better than the current players.

For me Hendry is middle. Better than some. But I prefer Foulds. Think he's my favourite. And Everton, though his Ronnie bumming has got a bit bad lately too.

Postby vodkadiet1

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:I'd forgotten Taylor became a father again in his late 50's.

I hope his wife gets a body double for the intercourse. The thought of Taylor's red face looking down at you whilst thrusting his idiot in and out of you is a fate worse than death!