Post a reply

Re: Pink Ball's Top 10 Players of All-Time

Postby Ck147

Hendry was a machine and defined an era that current players/fans still make comparisons with. But don't forget Davis, he was the one who brought snooker into the modern age and effectively set the stage for someone like Hendry. I don't think any of the current players have made such a big leap for the game compared to those two. Since the turn of the century it's been more evolution than revolution.

Postby Wildey

Dan-cat wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I’m not convinced Johnny understands how good Hendry was. That is to say he was thunderbastardly good.

Haha. +1

im not convinced Johnny understands Snooker either and what it takes to be a champion.

Postby Wildey

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Have a gander at this Johnny.

It is a good channel IMO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X27eIEVVj2w

Stephen Hendry's Strength in his prime was his weakness in later life his breakbuilding was still there up to close to his retirement although in late 2000s he was more tentative with splitting the pack. He was convinced that a red would find a pocket and because his long potting had deteriorated it put extra pressure on every single chance because getting a chance off a long pot like he used to was not happening.

But he never compramised his game and adapt it was his way or retire.

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Have a gander at this Johnny.

It is a good channel IMO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X27eIEVVj2w

Stephen Hendry's Strength in his prime was his weakness in later life his breakbuilding was still there up to close to his retirement although in late 2000s he was more tentative with splitting the pack. He was convinced that a red would find a pocket and because his long potting had deteriorated it put extra pressure on every single chance because getting a chance off a long pot like he used to was not happening.

Of course he tried to compromise. He just wasn't capable of doing so to any great degree.

Do you think he enjoyed winning absolutely buck all for the last half a dozen years of his career?

Postby Johnny Bravo

Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:Stephen Hendry's Strength in his prime was his weakness in later life his breakbuilding was still there up to close to his retirement although in late 2000s he was more tentative with splitting the pack. He was convinced that a red would find a pocket and because his long potting had deteriorated it put extra pressure on every single chance because getting a chance off a long pot like he used to was not happening.

Of course he tried to compromise. He just wasn't capable of doing so to any great degree.

Do you think he enjoyed winning absolutely buck all for the last half a dozen years of his career?

+1

Postby Ck147

Wasn't his decline down to yips or something like that? Had to look it up as never heard of it before.

Postby Cloud Strife

Ck147 wrote:Wasn't his decline down to yips or something like that? Had to look it up as never heard of it before.

I doubt Hendry had ever heard of it either before deciding to diagnose himself with it. rofl
Last edited by Cloud Strife on 19 Sep 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Ck147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Ck147 wrote:Wasn't his decline down to yips or something like that? Had to look it up as never heard of it before.

I doubt Hendry had ever heard either before deciding to diagnose himself with it. rofl

:lol:

Postby Johnny Bravo

Cloud Strife wrote:

I doubt Hendry had ever heard of it either before deciding to diagnose himself with it. rofl

well said, it's just a bull excuse he made up since he wasn't a winner anymore.

Postby Ck147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:The yips is a complex psychological affliction.

Nice to see lots of sympathy from the Islanders for a mental problem.

Sorry BSP, don't think you can say that as fact. Some think it could be more physical and related to overuse of fine muscular control in certain sports. Seems it's a poorly investigated area and even the "experts" don't really know for sure. Something I think we need to wait on before we have proper experts who really understand it. Unless anyone here knows otherwise?

Postby Cloud Strife

Badsnookerplayer wrote:The yips is a complex psychological affliction.

Nice to see lots of sympathy from the Islanders for a mental problem.

Decent post, BSP.

I wish I could be as understanding as you. Unfortunately, my cynical side tends to get the better of me, more often than not.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:

Says the fan of the bi polar disorder boy. Can ronnie even spell that?

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Says the man who just misspelled it himself.

Postby Wildey

Pink Ball wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

I'm on my phone without my glasses replying to a bucking muppet.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

To be fair, Wild.

You criticising somebody's spelling is like me criticising somebody for having a huge post count.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Pink Ball wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

pmsl

Postby Ash147

This place has gone mad. MDG is criticising people for being too negative, and now Wild is having a go at people for their spelling. Is this an alternate dimension?

Postby Ash147

SnookerFan wrote:I hate people who always post when they're about to eat a Mars bar.

Does my head right in.

Especially the ones who sit in their underwear whilst watching Monk.

Postby SnookerFan

Ash147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I hate people who always post when they're about to eat a Mars bar.

Does my head right in.

Especially the ones who sit in their underwear whilst watching Monk.

You make that sound a lot more kinky than it is.

Postby Johnny Bravo

In terms of greatness:
1. O'Sullivan
2. A. Higgins
3. Hendry
4. Davis
5. J.Higgins
6. Reardon
7. Williams
8. Selby
9. Trump