Post a reply

Re: Pink Ball's Top 10 Players of All-Time

Postby vodkadiet

Johnny Bravo wrote:Mr Vodka we met yet again. En garde !!! :fence:

vodkadiet wrote:Today's standard is rubbish and that is why we are on the verge of having two 43 year olds in the final.

Or maybe they are just that good. I'll take Wilson's opinion over yours any day of the week. <cool> :chuckle:

What does Kyren know about snooker in the 90s? Nothing.

He wouldn't have coped with the tables in those days anyway.

Postby Johnny Bravo

vodkadiet wrote:

vodkadiet wrote:Today's standard is rubbish and that is why we are on the verge of having two 43 year olds in the final.

Or maybe they are just that good. I'll take Wilson's opinion over yours any day of the week. <cool> :chuckle:

That is simply your opinion, there's no way to prove it.
And the tables in the 90's were not that much different.
I agree that the tables from the 70's and 80's were way slower, but not the ones from the 90's.

Postby vodkadiet

Johnny Bravo wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

That is simply your opinion, there's no way to prove it.
And the tables in the 90's were not that much different.
I agree that the tables from the 70's and 80's were way slower, but not the ones from the 90's.

Some of the cloths in 90s were like an Axminster Carpet.

Postby TheSaviour

A SECRET IS WASTED IF NOT SHARED

Feel free to mark my words. A secret is always wasted if not shared. It is close to impossible to name a 10 top players of all time. But surely John Higgins is right up there. And that´s because of his playing style. One can´t participate to it all, and that´s no beneficial anymore, but one can always get in when giving a possibility. Pot the long one straight aways. Those are the attributes that makes John Higgins so great. So impossible to name a 10 players for sure but can name John Higgins to be up there.

Who else? Well, they do play it mixed all season long. Get a head check if can say surely that Ronnie would had or has enough depth to be up there. No matter how much perhaps likening his flashes of brilliance. The same can be said about Mark J Williams also. But there´s not enough depth.

There´s a "blow hole" out there which makes it interesting. There´s your ticket to ride. Not all the snakes can be that bad. It only bites you once, and there´s your ticket to ride. Or try to communicate with the gypsies. They almost took my life a year ago. Perhaps they saw how much agony there would be left while trying to follow the "game". I am not that much or any angry towards them but they have such a balls. There´s your second ticket to ride then. Possibly. But it takes some balls, works both way.

The Q School once again will be massive. Think if Reanne Evans would made it this time! Would made things interesting. Get a head check if making that much noise all the time without any evidence or a back-up. Or then make that noise little bit more so you won´t be bothering just a few persons.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Pink Ball wrote:1. Ronnie O'Sullivan
2. Stephen Hendry
3. John Higgins
4. Steve Davis
5. Mark Williams
6. Ray Reardon
7. Mark Selby
8. Alex Higgins
9. Ding Junhui and Neil Robertson

Pinkey, you've removed your beloved idol Jimmy from the list :shock: :shock: :shock: :hmmm:

Postby Pink Ball

Johnny Bravo wrote:
2. Stephen Hendry
3. John Higgins
4. Steve Davis
5. Mark Williams
6. Ray Reardon
7. Mark Selby
8. Alex Higgins

Pinkey, you've removed your beloved idol Jimmy from the list :shock: :shock: :shock: :hmmm:

Not an easy decision, but you know me, I'm all about looking at things objectively.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Pink Ball wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
2. Stephen Hendry
3. John Higgins
4. Steve Davis
5. Mark Williams
6. Ray Reardon
7. Mark Selby
8. Alex Higgins

Not an easy decision, but you know me, I'm all about looking at things objectively.

:spot on:

You have the most accurate list.

Postby Johnny Bravo

vodkadiet wrote:1. Hendry
2. S.Davis
3. Reardon
4. O'Sullivan
5. J.Higgins
6. Selby
7. M.Williams
8. Spencer
9. A.Higgins
10. Doherty

:td: :td: :td:

Stupid list, stupid criteria. Nobody thinks Reardon and Davis were better than Higgins and Ronnie

Postby Holden Chinaski

Johnny Bravo wrote:
2. S.Davis
3. Reardon
4. O'Sullivan
5. J.Higgins
6. Selby
7. M.Williams
8. Spencer
9. A.Higgins
10. Doherty

Stupid list, stupid criteria. Nobody thinks Reardon and Davis were better than Higgins and Ronnie

The man thinks Rocky Marciano was the greatest boxer ever. Leave him alone, he's mentally challenged..

Postby Dan-cat

TheSaviour wrote:A SECRET IS WASTED IF NOT SHARED

Feel free to mark my words. A secret is always wasted if not shared. It is close to impossible to name a 10 top players of all time. But surely John Higgins is right up there. And that´s because of his playing style. One can´t participate to it all, and that´s no beneficial anymore, but one can always get in when giving a possibility. Pot the long one straight aways. Those are the attributes that makes John Higgins so great. So impossible to name a 10 players for sure but can name John Higgins to be up there.

Who else? Well, they do play it mixed all season long. Get a head check if can say surely that Ronnie would had or has enough depth to be up there. No matter how much perhaps likening his flashes of brilliance. The same can be said about Mark J Williams also. But there´s not enough depth.

There´s a "blow hole" out there which makes it interesting. There´s your ticket to ride. Not all the snakes can be that bad. It only bites you once, and there´s your ticket to ride. Or try to communicate with the gypsies. They almost took my life a year ago. Perhaps they saw how much agony there would be left while trying to follow the "game". I am not that much or any angry towards them but they have such a balls. There´s your second ticket to ride then. Possibly. But it takes some balls, works both way.

The Q School once again will be massive. Think if Reanne Evans would made it this time! Would made things interesting. Get a head check if making that much noise all the time without any evidence or a back-up. Or then make that noise little bit more so you won´t be bothering just a few persons.

You've been quiet. She's got a ticket to ride, but she don't care.

Postby vodkadiet

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
2. S.Davis
3. Reardon
4. O'Sullivan
5. J.Higgins
6. Selby
7. M.Williams
8. Spencer
9. A.Higgins
10. Doherty

The man thinks Rocky Marciano was the greatest boxer ever. Leave him alone, he's mentally challenged..

And you've taken one too many punches to the head in your beloved boxing ring....

Nobody with any sense cares about your heavily biased opinion. Just like you, it is wholly irrelevant!

Postby vodkadiet

Dan-cat wrote:
2. S.Davis
3. Reardon
4. O'Sullivan
5. J.Higgins
6. Selby
7. M.Williams
8. Spencer
9. A.Higgins
10. Doherty

Vodka have you been at the troll pills? The last few days have been... trolltacular

Dan-Cat; The accuracy of this list is irrefutable! In fact it is as accurate as Hendry's shots were when he trounced a prime Mark Williams in the 99 World Final!

Postby Johnny Bravo

vodkadiet wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
2. S.Davis
3. Reardon
4. O'Sullivan
5. J.Higgins
6. Selby
7. M.Williams
8. Spencer
9. A.Higgins
10. Doherty

Vodka have you been at the troll pills? The last few days have been... trolltacular

Dan-Cat; The accuracy of this list is irrefutable! In fact it is as accurate as Hendry's shots were when he trounced a prime Mark Williams in the 99 World Final!

Willo was at his peak in 2003 when he won the treble.

And since in your narrow-minded view titles are everything, the order is:

1. Joe Davis with 15 WC
2. Fred Davis & John Pulman, both with 8 titles
3. Stephen Hendry with 7
4. Steve Davis and Ray Reardon with 6
5. Ronnie O'Sullivan with 5
6. John Higgins with 4
7. Mark Williams, John Spencer and Mark Selby with 3
8. Walter Donaldson and Alex Higgins with 2
and then a lot of players with 1 WC win

However, anyone with half an ounce of intelligence will tell u this list couldn't be further away from the truth. :td:

Postby Holden Chinaski

Johnny Bravo, just stop feeding the troll. Vodkadiet is just trying to wind you up. Even he himself doesn't believe the things he says. He's just trying to get you mad. Either that, or he is really retarded. In both cases, he's not worth it.

Postby vodkadiet

Johnny Bravo wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
2. S.Davis
3. Reardon
4. O'Sullivan
5. J.Higgins
6. Selby
7. M.Williams
8. Spencer
9. A.Higgins
10. Doherty

Willo was at his peak in 2003 when he won the treble.

And since in your narrow-minded view titles are everything, the order is:

1. Joe Davis with 15 WC
2. Fred Davis & John Pulman, both with 8 titles
3. Stephen Hendry with 7
4. Steve Davis and Ray Reardon with 6
5. Ronnie O'Sullivan with 5
6. John Higgins with 4
7. Mark Williams, John Spencer and Mark Selby with 3
8. Walter Donaldson and Alex Higgins with 2
and then a lot of players with 1 WC win

However, anyone with half an ounce of intelligence will tell u this list couldn't be further away from the truth. :td:

Williams was much better in 99 than he was in 2003.

1999 was the highest standard of snooker ever.

Postby vodkadiet

I didn't realise this forum was a dictatorship....

So an opinion is only valid if biased O'Sullivan fanboys accept it....

Postby vodkadiet

Pink Ball wrote:Williams was miles better in 2003 than he was before or since

Rubbish.

He played much better in the 1999 Worlds. He demolished a prime Ken Doherty, and a prime John Higgins en route to the final.

Postby Pink Ball

vodkadiet wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Williams was miles better in 2003 than he was before or since

Rubbish.

He played much better in the 1999 Worlds. He demolished a prime Ken Doherty, and a prime John Higgins en route to the final.

He demolished everyone bar an inspired Doherty in 2003. A prime Hendry was no match for him. Williams was far greater that entire season.