Re: Class of '92!

Postby Cloud Strife

eraserhead wrote:
Erza Scarlet wrote:Ronnie = Goku
Higgins = Vegeta
Williams = Gohan

;-)

Judd = yamcha :chuckle:

No idea who or what any of those names are.

Postby Erza Scarlet

eraserhead wrote:
Higgins = Vegeta
Williams = Gohan

;-)

That is so true lol

Spot on

Postby Chalk McHugh

What the buck is goin on? Think ive come on the wrong forum.

Postby TheSaviour

To be honest, I see Anthony McGill having the most influence on these days.
Ronnie and John still are one of the best players, as well as Yan Bingtao. Peter Ebdon still has the beauty and style. Bit of a strange times to be perfectly honest but I hope the things will clarify soon. If Ronnie will win in Sheffield, then fair play to him. Same thing must be said about Mark Selby. If he wins after a bit of a struggle-season then fair play to him. But might be that McGill takes it. Who knows. At least I won´t.

I can´t see any of them would be playing because of the money. If having some money it can make you feel good about doing your job well. Or that you can live alone where just ever wanting to. <doh> <doh>

Postby Holden Chinaski

I think Shaun Murphy was pretty good in Beverly Hills Ninja!

Postby Johnny Bravo

If one of them wasn't around, the others would have won so much more.
In other words, they were in each others way.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Johnny Bravo wrote:If one of them wasn't around, the others would have won so much more.

Indeed. Steve Davis and Stephen Hendry did not have to compete with two other guys who were the same age and who were two of the greatest players ever...

If John Higgins or Ronnie would have been the same age as Hendry and would have turned pro in the same year as Hendry... How many world titles would Hendry have? Three or four, maybe five max I think.

Postby Iranu

eraserhead wrote:
Higgins = Vegeta
Williams = Gohan

;-)

rofl

Williams is way too cool to be whiny, nerdy Gohan.

He's (Future) Trunks.

Graeme Dott = Krillin

Mark Selby = Piccolo

Stephen Lee = Yajirobi

Postby Johnny Bravo

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:If one of them wasn't around, the others would have won so much more.

Indeed. Steve Davis and Stephen Hendry did not have to compete with two other guys who were the same age and who were two of the greatest players ever...

If John Higgins or Ronnie would have been the same age as Hendry and would have turned pro in the same year as Hendry... How many world titles would Hendry have? Three or four, maybe five max I think.

IMO 3 or 4.
Hendry doesn't have an all round game to compete with Ronnie and Higgo, he's all about attack. If his offensive game works, he's a contender for tourneys. If it doesn't, he's lost. He doesn't have a B game to rely on. This is the reason he didn't manage to win any relevant titles in the 00's.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Those strange words seem to be from Dragonball Z. At least that's what comes up when I Google it.

Postby Johnny Bravo

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:Those strange words seem to be from Dragonball Z. At least that's what comes up when I Google it.

U happen to be correct.

Postby Iranu

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:Those strange words seem to be from Dragonball Z. At least that's what comes up when I Google it.

Give the guy a sensu bean! :)

Postby vodkadiet

It shows the sad state of snooker that these guys are still at the top of the game.

Higgins and Williams are nowhere near the standard they once were, and yet are still winning events. The standard of snooker is certainly not at an all time high. In fact it is deteriorating.

Postby Iranu

vodkadiet wrote:It shows the sad state of snooker that these guys are still at the top of the game.

Higgins and Williams are nowhere near the standard they once were, and yet are still winning events. The standard of snooker is certainly not at an all time high. In fact it is deteriorating.

Williams is as good as he's been in 10+ years, and Higgins beat the one who IS playing as good as he ever has today.

But yes, it's a shame that there are so few 20-somethings taking the game to the old boys. Strength in depth there may be (I'm not convinced about that personally) but the best of the best are pretty much the same as they were 10 years ago.

Postby TheRocket

given how poorly the likes of Selby,Trump, Ding are playing atm I geniuely believe that we'll have a class of 92 World final this year.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

TheRocket wrote:given how poorly the likes of Selby,Trump, Ding are playing atm I geniuely believe that we'll have a class of 92 World final this year.

Could be but do not write off Selby

Postby TheRocket

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
TheRocket wrote:given how poorly the likes of Selby,Trump, Ding are playing atm I geniuely believe that we'll have a class of 92 World final this year.

You're right. And even though he's not my favourite player I would like to see him play well again for the sake of a better competition. But he's playing as bad as I've seen him for a while so we'll see.

Postby vodkadiet

Iranu wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:It shows the sad state of snooker that these guys are still at the top of the game.

Williams is as good as he's been in 10+ years, and Higgins beat the one who IS playing as good as he ever has today.

But yes, it's a shame that there are so few 20-somethings taking the game to the old boys. Strength in depth there may be (I'm not convinced about that personally) but the best of the best are pretty much the same as they were 10 years ago.

Higgins of 1998 would thrash Higgins 2018, and Williams of 1999 would thrash Williams today. I am convinced of that.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

TheRocket wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

You're right. And even though he's not my favourite player I would like to see him play well again for the sake of a better competition. But he's playing as bad as I've seen him for a while so we'll see.

:goodpost:

Postby Cloud Strife

Anyone who says Ronnie is playing as well as he ever has is smoking crack. He's winning as much as he ever has, but that's not the same thing.

Postby TheRocket

And another title goes to a Class of 92 player. What a season this has been so far. Isn't it fair to say that O'Sullivan,Higgins and Williams (in that order) are the three top contenders to win the World Championship now?

Postby SnookerFan

Higgins = Vegeta
Williams = Gohan

;-)

Are they tennis players?