Post a reply

Re: Here's an idea for a rule change...

Postby Wildey

Seifer island hatah wrote:If the snooker is done better a jump shot is not on. If the snooker isn't iron clad, it can be jumped. The onus is on the player to make sure a jump shot isn't on in the first place. It only adds to the skill.

i dont think it matters if they bring it in no self respecting snooker player will ever play it.

Postby Seifer Almasy

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Seifer island hatah wrote:If the snooker is done better a jump shot is not on. If the snooker isn't iron clad, it can be jumped. The onus is on the player to make sure a jump shot isn't on in the first place. It only adds to the skill.

i dont think it matters if they bring it in no self respecting snooker player will ever play it.

You haven't got a clue have you. need I remind you to ask yourself what snooker is and where it came from and how it has evolved?

The rules are not set in stone and they did not come from a mountain or a burning bush. Snooker players would play them, because they would slowly see how good they are and how tactical, and what they can do. It would make snooker far more diverse.

I do not see the issue and I am surprised I didn't think about it myself. The other thing pool has going for it, is the "have to touch cushion after each shot" thereby stopping the roll ups and easy snookers.

I am not sure of this would work as well in snooker , but jump shots a great idea! They should place them into 10 red snooker and test it out.

Postby Wildey

with respect a rubbish in a pan has more idea about snooker than you

and im also surprised you havent thought of it yourself after all you thought of most other rubbish ideas havent you mate.

Postby Seifer Almasy

wildJONESEYE wrote:with respect a poo in a pan has more idea about snooker than you

and im also surprised you havent thought of it yourself after all you thought of most other poo ideas havent you mate.

Maybe 1 reason Snooker is in the state it is, is because it has everything wrong. Do you ever consider that? You wouldn't know a jump shot if it drop kicked you.

Postby Roland

wildJONESEYE wrote:

What exactly do you mean no self respecting player would ever play it?

Postby Wildey

Seifer island hatah wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:with respect a poo in a pan has more idea about snooker than you

and im also surprised you havent thought of it yourself after all you thought of most other poo ideas havent you mate.

Maybe 1 reason Snooker is in the state it is, is because it has everything wrong. Do you ever consider that? You wouldn't know a jump shot if it drop kicked you.

the reason snooker is in the state it is because idiots like you that has no interest in snooker trying to change it and other idiots in suits who couldnt run a bath trying to run the sport..

and sonny if players are resorting to jumping over balls it would be last resort so they would examine all other posibilities before even thinking about jumping over balls and fluking a safety jump shot = Hit and hope. ok you say pool players has control of the balls they might have control of the jump but where the object ball goes to is very much in the laps of the gods. so more often than not a roll up is the best course of action to get snooker balls safe when there are more than one object ball (ie 15 reds.) as appose to only 1 ball on in 9 ball pool.

thats why im very surprised someone like seifer who is apose to fluke pots endorse something that will encourage fluking balls safe.....

Postby Roland

You're just posting for the hell of it and disagreeing for the hell of it too because that's what you do. Your post is quite ridiculous but I know you can't see it so I will ask you kindly to please stop posting in this thread until you have at least some idea of what this topic is about.

Postby Wildey

my post is spot on .

but i will stop posting on this subject because idiots like you and kind pin end cant see how stupid you are on this idiotic idea <ok>

Postby Roland

It's just a topic up for debate. Hypothetically, how would the game of snooker we know today be affected by a rule change allowing the currently banned jump shot?

Allowing the jump shot doesn't mean players will be playing to jump over a pack of reds to smash into an object ball sending it god knows where. It also doesn't mean every snooker is easy to get out of or even possible with a jump shot. If you are extremely good at the jump shot you will appeal to tv viewers who will be amazed at the skill and probably want to go and try it for themselves i.e. start to fill up snooker halls again. If you're not proficient then you risk leaving a chance if you take it on and mess it up. Either way it's a risk/reward shot with a high degree of difficulty not to look foolish.

You seem to think players would wrecklessly be sending balls through the air all the time not having a clue where they might end up because all they're doing is playing a bad deep screw shot with no control. And you think it will encourage flukes which baffles me because I have no idea how you can possibly come up with that conclusion.

If pool is the marker on this, you will probably see on average about 5-10 shots per round of a tournament.

Postby Wildey

mate i dont want to come over as agresive i have put my view over and i apolagise to you and seifer ..

its a thought i just dont think its for snooker thats all im sorry for some of my earlier coments.

Postby Casey

Some nice shots there, as the guy in the first video says, the tip shouldn't touch the cloth so surly that takes the rip element out of the problem? it would be nice to see it trialed in the pro series or PL, we won't know for sure until we see it implemented.
Last edited by Casey on 23 Oct 2009, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Roland

It's not like you'd need to prepare or make a big thing about it. Just switch the current rule off and see what happens.

I love Corey Duels shot where he gets position on the 5 off the rail.

Wild - what say you now sir?

Postby Wildey

mate i like it in pool i think it works well and they can pot a fair amount of balls off a jump shot but the pockets help with that.

i just dont see how it can work on a 12ft table with smaller balls and tighter pockets.

Postby Seifer Almasy

wildJONESEYE wrote:mate i like it in pool i think it works well and they can pot a fair amount of balls off a jump shot but the pockets help with that.

i just dont see how it can work on a 12ft table with smaller balls and tighter pockets.

They were all going in the heart of the pocket....it can work. yes harder on snooker by a lot, but can still work

Postby Holden Chinaski

Roland wrote:It reminds me of wilds famous quote:

"O'Sullivan plays exactly the same shots as Hendry but he does it faster which isn't better, it's showing off"

rofl

:chin: