Post a reply

Re: World Snooker Annual Awards

Postby SnookerFan

Andy Spark wrote:He sounded quite choked up by it on Twitter.

But then again, you never know with Hearn. The opportunity to give himself an award probably would make him emotional.

Didn’t predecessor Rodney Walker once award himself “Yorkshire man of the year”? If I was Hearn I’d refuse the award out of respect for “conflict of interest” appearances, but once people have all this power their egos get carried away.[/quote]

Hearn would rather die than refuse a chance to kiss his own bottom.

Postby Andy Spark

SnookerFan wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:He sounded quite choked up by it on Twitter.

But then again, you never know with Hearn. The opportunity to give himself an award probably would make him emotional.

Didn’t predecessor Rodney Walker once award himself “Yorkshire man of the year”? If I was Hearn I’d refuse the award out of respect for “conflict of interest” appearances, but once people have all this power their egos get carried away.

Hearn would rather die than refuse a chance to kiss his own bottom.[/quote]
It also shouldn’t be forgotten that Hearn has already received an award for services to snooker before he ran the show; I remember Clive Everton presenting him with it, so he’s hardly overdue any recognition.

Postby SnookerFan

In his defence, Hearn has done a lot for snooker. Due to the fact that he likes to open his mouth and show off when it's not necessary, we forget what he's done for the sport.

A long way still to go, in my opinion. Lots of tournaments still are only half-full of fans, last year World Snooker didn't know where the English Open was being held 24 hours before tickets went on sale, nobody wants to sponsor us other than gambling companies, lots of players are still struggling to earn a living wage, World Snooker couldn't organise a draw if their life depended on it etc...

But from where we were in the Rodney Walker era, we have come a long way under Hearn.

Postby Andy Spark

SnookerFan wrote:In his defence, Hearn has done a lot for snooker. Due to the fact that he likes to open his mouth and show off when it's not necessary, we forget what he's done for the sport.

A long way still to go, in my opinion. Lots of tournaments still are only half-full of fans, last year World Snooker didn't know where the English Open was being held 24 hours before tickets went on sale, nobody wants to sponsor us other than gambling companies, lots of players are still struggling to earn a living wage, World Snooker couldn't organise a draw if their life depended on it etc...

But from where we were in the Rodney Walker era, we have come a long way under Hearn.

Agreed. Hearn’s done quite a good job so far.